The July Meeting

I reckon the official handicapper will go somewhere between 120 and 123. Depends if he wants to put Buthelezi up at all.

It surprises me that Ballydoyle never seem to be represented in either the Princess of Wales or the Falmouth, given their strength in depth at maiddle distances most seasons.

Very confused by the running of Sonning Rose in the first race - I didn't back it but noticed it was given a most peculiar ride. Popped out in front then taken to the back of the field - horse looked full of running but jockey although swinging away didn't look to be trying too hard. Maybe being saved for another day - your thoughts?

Some very dozy rides in the Falmouth there - well ridden Queally .

Memory deserves a big squiggle !

Lemaire should be shoted

yes
talking through my pocket

That was a poor ride - gave them far too much rope off a dawdle . Goldikova might even have struggled from there .

Antara ran an utter stinker . Timepiece was well behind her at Epsom though again that was another one of TQ's forgettable rides

Last edited:
Rougemont would surely have been 10s or so had Hughes not been suspended and has been riding - a very likeable debut

Think that was a very nice maiden that he won and there should be a good few winners to come out of it.

Striking Spirit worth one in the Bunbury Cup. His run at Ascot was most note worthy and his new trainer/different trip strategy is gonna win him a decent race somewhere down the line.

I really like Dimension in the mile handicap for three-year-olds. His Sandown run really caught the eye and he'll be suited by going back up in trip. He was withdrawn at Royal Ascot when the ground softened so, presumably, he wouldn't want any more rain.

I share your enthusiasm for Dimension, Gus, not been the luckiest and deserves another chance.
Fahsta has also been unlucky (2.45) and is now at a winning weight. Mind you I have a series of 'investments' on him recently so have a bit to recoup.

gus and Tout, I feel I have to warn you that DIMENSION is one of Timeform's Horses in Focus and has attracted the comments "very much caught the eye" and "he's on a decent mark and may well be able to take advantage before long".

Thought that would give you extra confidence.:)

Yep, don't think you, gus or Timeform were on the wrong track today. Given a totally different ride to the last effort.

Is it me or does Fallon look laboured in the saddle at times?

Liked the run by the Elsworth trained CHEWORI (Milk It Mik out of Jodrell Bank {Observatory}), well beaten by Desert Gazelle but she looks to have scope, a maiden looks nailed on.

Back