The Open Meeting - reflections

Physically the horse that impressed me most was Rangitoto on Sunday. A lovely big scopey horse, already big enough to be a chaser but still classy enough to win a hurdle against much speedier looking types.

I go to the festival every year in a group of 4/5 and we buy Tatts tickets & pay extra (approx £75 per day) for Grandstand seats

It isn’t the cheapest option (cheaper than hospitality) but gives badge holders access to therir own bar/Tote/Corals/food/toilet meaning small queues and room to move about

Most importantly though, with the seat you’re guaranteed a decent view of all the racing and can still get to the winners enclosure if needs be

Without the seats we'd still go tues-thurs, but would be watching in a pub somewhere on Gold Cup day

Not a good meeting for J M Quinlan two whip bans and a pretty unimpressive ride on Perpetually from the last.

Thought it sounded quite large. It was certainly busier than usual though.

It certainally was, I work every year at both the Open and the festival and on saturday is was every bit as busy as the festival except maybe gold cup day. Going by the amount of bets we took this year compared to last year up 30% :<3:

Back