The Pointing Thread

Lovely to see Silsol bounce back to form with a 12 length romp in the Novice Riders race at Chipley Park today for Ella Ortewell trained now by Will Biddick who actually had a treble as a trainer and still had time to ride a double.

Five winners for the all conquering Tom Ellis and Gina Andrews yard at the weekend - can't be too long before Tom has a Rules license.

Kalaballoo reportedly heads to Cheltenham after taking the Ladies Open while I doubt there will be many better £800 buys than Fumet D'Oudairies who is now 3/3 this season after winning at Horseheath.

Whereas down South connections of Art Mauresque must have been disappointed with him getting turned over at long odds on. I imagine he will still have an Aintree Foxhunters entry but definitely misses Cheltenham.

The CEO of the PPA made a presentation to Will Biddick in recognition of his 500th winner as a jockey whereupon he promptly rode a double , one of which he also trained.

Two impressive winners from the Lacey yard in Velasco and Lagonda. Expect to see them on a racecourse soon.

Never let a bit of flooding get in the way of an Irish PTP :lol: (photo by Pat Healey)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 270
:lol: Only in the Emerald Isle!

All meetings were called off in the UK today as ridiculously unsafe to go ahead even if one meeting thought they knew more than the umpteen weather warnings and left it until this morning.....just to be sure!

Jimmy Mangan's track Tallow is.

Lovely to see an Adjacent Hunts Maiden on the card, not many of them around these days, think there's one at Dromahane though at some point and regards the adjacent or confined in Ireland there's winners' races at Punchestown and Farmaclaffey in the coming weeks from memory.

Martin

Wishing And Hoping to beat The Dellercheckout at Haydock later.

Really can't have Alcala on the ground over this trip and Asangy isn't good enough.

The Dellercheckout can be backed at 11/10 without the favourite.

Exciting finish to race, David Maxwell did well to come out on top.Busy week this week with Hunters at Leicester Ludlow & Taunton if any fancies out there

Derek O Connor said last night it's very likely he will ride Staker Wallace in the foxhunters as opposed Minella Rocco. Starting to shorten up in price this morning.

Derek O Connor said last night it's very likely he will ride Staker Wallace in the foxhunters as opposed Minella Rocco. Starting to shorten up in price this morning.

I thought he would always ride this after Stand Up And Fight disgraced itself at Thurles

Didn't run outsider. Enda Bolger ran his other entrant Saint Benedict for Timmy Hyde with his grandson and namesake in the saddle. Fell four out when holding every chance.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it.its been 3 yrs since he went into my alerts for a foxhunters.
I have had a little bet at 33/1 before he qualified,so fingers crossed.

Yes Outsider-Just the 12 months you had to wait for him

Staker hosed up in Nenagh and if the ground stays on the soft side he has every chance. The horse he beat in Nenagh Lite Duties came out and won an Open today.

Bolger yard in excellent form also- he landed the banks race at Lingstown today.

Last edited:
I would dearly love Marcle Ridge to win. Proper amateur outfit (rather than the professional yards), his trainer Sam Jukes rides them all and his owner/breeder is such a great pointing enthusiast. He’s probably not quite good enough but he ran well here to win in May and his reappearance behind Caid du Berlais was solid. I’ll probably have a sentimental ew on him and back Caid du Berlais who I wouldn’t mind winning as Rose Loxton has had a tough cancer battle recently and Will Biddick will be riding.

That’s the sort of horse that SHOULD be winning this race. A proper Pointing outfit. And didn’t my Marcel Ridge have a proper spin round!

Back