The proper stuff is back.....

Gone to Lunch makes his debut over fences tomorrow at Exeter (well that's not true actually as he ran in the Foxhunters).
He runs in the beginners chase so that should be worth watching.

Having seen Kicks For Free school over fences the other week, I'm seriously excited, in fact only one more exciting and thats the biggest cert in the Hennessy ever, Big Bucks.

Having a Laugh...

You NH types might know a good novice but you'd never find a sense of humour (unless Paul Nicholls saw it win a point as a 4-y-o and bought it for £150k) ;)

i lost my arkle horse during the week :(

What horse was that granger? do we have a thread that tells us when a horse is out.
I keep looking out for horses that are injured and can`t seem to find any news. Any help would be appreciated.

Glencove marina
trabolgan
darkness
nicanor
aces four
taranis
w o a
senorita rumbalita
well chief
lacdoudal

What horse was that granger? do we have a thread that tells us when a horse is out.
I keep looking out for horses that are injured and can`t seem to find any news. Any help would be appreciated.

Glencove marina
trabolgan
darkness
nicanor
aces four
taranis
w o a
senorita rumbalita
well chief
lacdoudal

Well Chief is due back around xmas time.

Sad to hear Denman will not resurface till the Aon. It is good connections are "minding" him, however with Best Mate, Kicking King and War Of Attrition fresh in the mind, I pray that complications do not set in. I am sure experts on here will assure us an irregular heartbeat is nothing to get too het up about, but with an injury jinx seemingly hitting so many recent Gold Cup winners we can but keep everything firmly crossed till March (unless of course you have had your brains on Kauto Star to get his revenge!).

I also noticed a piece this week stating Aran Concerto will be making his chasing debut later this month. If ever there was a horse for whom the phrase "anything he does over hurdles is a bonus" was tailored for it is him.

NOte

Sad to hear Denman will not resurface till the Aon. It is good connections are "minding" him, however with Best Mate, Kicking King and War Of Attrition fresh in the mind, I pray that complications do not set in. I am sure experts on here will assure us an irregular heartbeat is nothing to get too het up about, but with an injury jinx seemingly hitting so many recent Gold Cup winners we can but keep everything firmly crossed till March (unless of course you have had your brains on Kauto Star to get his revenge!).

I also noticed a piece this week stating Aran Concerto will be making his chasing debut later this month. If ever there was a horse for whom the phrase "anything he does over hurdles is a bonus" was tailored for it is him.

Note to self -must pop into Smiths 2mrw and pick up a copy of "One Jump Ahead"!

Damn! Dont know how I did that - a double post! One too many in the Fox and Hounds!

Note to self -must pop into Smiths 2mrw and pick up a copy of "One Jump Ahead"!

Is that usually any good? I only ever bother with Chasers and Hurdlers pre-season. Either the print is getting smaller or my eyes are getting worse because it`s harder going this year. I`m only up to Brave Right. Binocular and Beshabar thus far have been given glowing recommendations.

Is that usually any good? I only ever bother with Chasers and Hurdlers pre-season. Either the print is getting smaller or my eyes are getting worse because it`s harder going this year. I`m only up to Brave Right. Binocular and Beshabar thus far have been given glowing recommendations.

I buy C&H (plus its Horses To Follow) as well, but I have bought every copy of Howard's tome since 1998/9 (lovely picture of Florida Pearl on the cover that season!!!!). It basically unearths some decent "dark horses" as well as putting up the more established novices he thinks will make the grade in open company or as Chasers from novice hurdles. Having leafed through it briefly on Sunday I am pretty sure I saw in this season's Top 40 that Pipe thing that hacked up at Southwell last week - Great Endeavour. Its only £6.99 so you may as well give it a whirl and see what you think. Not a lot to lose if you hate it.

Also the late great J G Fitzgerald, an old school hero of mine, used to write the forwards!

Sad to hear Denman will not resurface till the Aon. It is good connections are "minding" him, however with Best Mate, Kicking King and War Of Attrition fresh in the mind, I pray that complications do not set in. I am sure experts on here will assure us an irregular heartbeat is nothing to get too het up about...

Boss and I were chatting about it the other morning. He said that as it was atrial fibrillation, it would be little to worry about, but if it had been ventricular fibrillation it would be of major concern.

The ventricles are the main pumping muscles of the heart, so an irregular rhythm there would be a big problem. The atria are small chambers above the ventricles, where the muscles are less dense and "fluttering" can occur - bit like hiccups, I suppose.

rated 146 so he should get a decent weight prob around 10st 13lb has run only twice over fences, and i think the arkle came to soon for him, still i would like to see a prep run.

Is Ring The Boss quaified for the Paddy Power? Has only had 2 runs over fences. Bible Lord is the one for me for that race at this stage.

Back