The quietest weekend ever on this forum?

Peak holiday time just before the kids go back and really uninspiring Racing.
Your Ronnie Mouse is right, it's at least in part a seasonal thing. If it wasn't for the What Are You Backing Today thread, which you started, OTB, it would be even quieter.

Last edited:
I've up my posting levels by and average 2.16 posts per day to alleviate the fall off in numbers of posts. I apologise for the slight drop in the quality of my posts.

Last edited:
We could boost the numbers further if I constantly corect yore appawling speling misteaks.

Alleviate. Alleviate. Alleviate. Write it out 100 times and see me after school.

We could boost the numbers further if I constantly corect yore appawling speling misteaks.

Alleviate. Alleviate. Alleviate. Write it out 100 times and see me after school.

It's the predictive text on my phone that can't spell. These words just come to me when I'm typing. I don't know what half the word I use mean. I know which is a flippant approach but it makes me feel good about myself. Thanks for ruining the last pleasure in my life.

Last edited:
Entirely my pleasure, my little hawthorn blossom. So, tell us, who ruined your other pleasures?

Oh, bloody predictive text! My mobi will keep going back to it. I only wanted to say "CU soon" (no, not 'next Tuesday') and I got Cam Highhh which is total cobblers. A friend says she's fixed it, but I know it'll go straight back to gibberish again. I just try not to text at all - regrettably, a skill needed when trying to meet up with august forum members, as Ascot bore out.

Kiri - he's hip 147, Street Cry x Balance (so three parts to Zen in blood, Balance being her half sister). His half brother made $4,200,000 at KEESEP last year.

Vertigineux10.jpg

The Vertigineux '11 filly (photo above) - by Henrythenavigator, sells at Keeneland November. (Another half to Zenyatta)

Last edited:
Plainish face, a bit thick round what the Yanks call the throatlatch, nice shoulder, well set-on neck, good croup, to me the hindleg line looks set all right but the cannons look a bit long, pasterns good slope, not too upright. Ya just don't get them low-set knees these days!

Yup, pretty much spot on although I'd suggest her head is better than the photo suggests. Also not keen on her knees.

The Balance colt is a better looker, but then he's a yearling and has had prep. the filly above is a weanling and was off the field for that photo.

Maybe the knees are still open, M? I know poor Laura Mongan had a helluva time trying to get WORLDWIND's knees to close, and they didn't fully until she was 4! (First one I co-bred with Songsheet, AGNES WORLD-REACH THE WIND, bought by Laura at the foal sales, later described by Venusian - where he? - as 'probably the worst horse in training'. Harsh, very harsh. But regrettably also probably correct! Just demo'd how a brill colt doesn't guarantee brill progeny.)

Last edited:
Back