The Random Rant Thread 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Men wearing tops, light tops and scarfs around their necks in doors especially in bars - Its driving me mental.

No it would not, that would be original to a certain point. The scarf brigade need to be whistled

grinds-my-gears1.jpg

What about people who sit around indoors with woolly hats on, apart from looking ridiculous it's mingin'

People who say "should of" instead of "should have".

Been getting on my jugs for years, that one. :mad:

The lack of foresight from the BHA - they should stage a stack of flip start 2m 4f handicaps off hurdle ratings for flat horses at southwell :)

People who have known me for years yet still put an 'e' in the middle of my name.

It's often relatives as well. That irritates me.

Wolly hat wearers are usually degenerates, the indoor scarf brigade are a different breed.

"bored of" instead of "bored with" is another one...

Folk who constantly tell you how busy they are.. If they've got time to mention it, they aren't and it isn't a competition....

Gearoid

I feel your pain with the indoor scarf brigade.

I detest people who stand in WH Smith's shamelessly reading magazines they have no intention to buy. Get out of my f*cking way, you parasites on society!

Not a fan then, Bar?

Was back in Cork at xmas - am glad I am not obliged to return for another 12 months :D

Budwiser Extra Cold - the regular bud was drinkable. The extra cold is not really any different but it dies in the glass and like a 17 year old schoolgirl I get most enjoyment through my eyes.

Misused apostrophe's (like that one), the use of 'less' instead of 'fewer' - this is growing apace with even the halfwits of the BBC using this, lazily, as in 'less customers', etc. All the mangled pronunciation you can think of (I don't mean accents or dialects, just ignorance of correct speech), like gamberling habits, top-class athaletes, haitch instead of aitch for 'H', and on and on and...

Tailgaters. I so want a rear gun attached to the Beloved Proton so that I can blast these fathermuckers to hell.

Children. They're just not necessary. It's time we put petri dishes to better use and grew fully-formed adults who've had all the education necessary implanted into their brains. Cut out the nonsense of finding fathers, pregnancies and deliveries, bonding, or not bonding and its guilt - want to bring a human into the world? Buy a home kit and grow one, full size and immediately useful.

Im going to have to call you out on this one Krizon and have a rant about a rant. If people such as myself are making grammatical errors it is because of the education I have recieved and not a reflection on my intelligence.

Well, you're going to have me rant back about your ranting about my rant, then, young rantmeister. I have not impugned anyone's intelligence for being incapable of speaking their native tongue correctly - other than 'halfwits' at the BBC. Do you work for the BBC as a presenter? If not, you're exempt. The Beeb is the UK's national broadcaster. It's undertaken to involve people with strong regional accents, which is fine, since it reflects our nation more truly than the fraffly-fraffly brigade used to do, but it is in no way supposed to let sloppy, lazy, and just plain inaccurate language past its monitors.

If the BBC isn't going to bother to have its employees speak the country's native language correctly and intelligbly, then we may as well give up and let people make it up as they go along.

I don't care if someone speaks with an accent, even those strong enough to crack nuts at fifty paces. What I object to is being too lazy to use the correct word, employ the right punctuation, or at least try to say the word the right way. There is a reason for standard pronunciation and spelling, and it's very simple: it makes for clear communication. But if i wanta rite or speek just eny old way i want just becos its eazy for me to do it that way and not botha if any one can unnerstan me then for sum peepel thats alrite cos it dunt mater cos its not like we is gettin a gud job no wat i meen

Back