The road to the 2015 County Hurdle

Frankel

Senior Jockey
No doubt the plot has already started. Which stable is he hiding in?

Feel free to throw in some names so we can consider or dismiss them.

I myself have a couple of possibles. The first being in the Mullins yard. Waiting to see his pipe opener.

Like to see Amore Alato aimed at this. He doesn't have an entry in the Ladbroke and I'm hoping Nick is trying to preserve his mark.

I suspect the real long term plots for this race are hatched in Ireland earlier in advance of the race than this stage of the season.

Tough enough to work out the winner on the day. I think right now trying to work out the Ladbroke winner in January is more feasible.

Last edited:
Amore Alato is one that interests me too euro.

This Mullins runner that interests me at this stage, though not sure what the plan is regards targets is Renneti.
They have so many bullets to fire that they can take a long term view with some regards handicaps.
Clearly a repeat of his last 'run' would not be ideal :lol:

Un De Sceaux with entries this weekend
Haydock 11k pounds race , easy field
Fairyhouse 8k euros , bigger and better field

where is he running?
it looks Ruby has ordered to go to the irish race.

Two less places up for grabs as field size reduced for three big handicaps

"The Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle will be reduced to 26 from 28 runners, as will the Vincent O'Brien County Hurdle, while the Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle will have a maximum of 22 instead of 24 runners."

Two less places up for grabs as field size reduced for three big handicaps

"The Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle will be reduced to 26 from 28 runners, as will the Vincent O'Brien County Hurdle, while the Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle will have a maximum of 22 instead of 24 runners."

I'm not convinced we need 4 less runners in the Fred Winter just because they are 4 year olds.

I'm not convinced we need 4 less runners in the Fred Winter just because they are 4 year olds.

The race is a bargepole job anyway
It takes a far braver man than me to get a handle on a race like that.

Princely Conn being backed for this
AP McCoy, Tom Mullins, JP Mcmanus
I think we have been here before.....

Last edited:
Would be great if AP could get another one for sure.
This Martin runner does look primed.

Sort It Out has got some gears and can come fast and late to win it...

Last edited:
He's my idea of the winner, but I see he's being backed this evening 16's into 12's. I was hoping that he'd go unnoticed with so many other plots flyin around and I'd pick up better terms in the morning, but I've missed the boat now

There's quite a few been backed this evening, I would imagine the market will shore itself up tomorrow.

One assumes that with rain forecast, there are those who are trying to snaffle a few soft ground performers.

To be honest though, when the Stayers hurdle is beating standard (rarely happens) it's a fair indication of G/F I reckon, so it'll take a fair amount to change it soft. Also the racecourse itself sits in something of a rain shadow and frequently misses the worst of any system that runs through the area. I think the smart thing to do is wait and see, (albeit I was tempted by something like Houblon at 66/1)

That's some move for Princely Conn
25/1 was available for a period yesterday

Back