The Solwhit Would Have Finished Second Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we really need to look at these soft Grade 1's that are ruining English racing.

Where did Mille Chief finish?! Ah, I'm sure he's better than that, just like Solwhit last year..sometimes horses don't run their race on the big day, and it ends up skewing people's impression of another horse [Hurricane Fly] for an entire year....

Solwhit is a top horse, the respect he's held in by Ruby Walsh, Ted and many other sound judges is testament to that. I can't believe someone was trying to rate Overturn higher than him..!

Anyway, fair play to you for showing your face and taking the flak..

I was honestly amazed by some of the stuff that was written on here over the past few months. In fairness the slamming of Solwhit was even more incredible than HF, as his pedigree is indisputable. I could barely get people doubting HF, as he hadn't done it off his home patch but Solwhit is a proven diamond.

Just so everyone knows, "Solwhit would have finished second" is a copyright.

Not so much on here but the not having run at Cheltenham thing was redonkulous. It's certainly a plus point if a horse has been at the Festival before but it's never brought up with novices is it.

Where did Mille Chief finish?! Ah, I'm sure he's better than that, just like Solwhit last year..sometimes horses don't run their race on the big day, and it ends up skewing people's impression of another horse [Hurricane Fly] for an entire year....

Solwhit is a top horse, the respect he's held in by Ruby Walsh, Ted and many other sound judges is testament to that. I can't believe someone was trying to rate Overturn higher than him..!

Anyway, fair play to you for showing your face and taking the flak..

I didn't judge my view of Solwhit on the CH form actually..in fact I always allowed for him being under par if you check back..it was Hammster that mentioned the CH thing i seem to remember

and when he is then shoved in a 3 mile race it don't suggest he would finish 2nd in this.

i don't need to hide..i had my view of HF as i did about Cue Card..as i do about countless other animals that the majority disagree with me on its swings and roundabouts isn't it really?..i'll take some ribbing..no probs

but...i wouldn't start a thread though just to rub it in

shall i start a Cue Card thread?..taking the mick out of those that lost?

seems a tad low to me..but whatever floats folks boat i suppose

Last edited:
Hold on just a second EC1. You are forthright in your views, which I admire. But you rubbished some of the stuff by Grassy, you said that HF shouldn't even run in the Champion Hurdle. You deserve a hard time.

And this thread isn't just for you, it is for anyone who has slagged HF and Solwhit. I think it is funny.

Ah here, you were being sound for a while there, don't go postal on me! It's just a bit of fun. The most insulting thing said about Solwhit on here is that Starluck is a superior horse! What a dig that is!!! And from a respected poster too.

Anyway, Solwhit's trainer was on record as saying there was no point in taking on Hurricane again, in his view. Ruby said at Cheltenham preview last week that Solwhit was main danger to Big Bucks and was glad he was out of race..

Hmmm or should i say Hammm

Think this is geared towards baiting one particular poster

Whatever

Hold on just a second EC1. You are forthright in your views, which I admire. But you rubbished some of the stuff by Grassy, you said that HF shouldn't even run in the Champion Hurdle. You deserve a hard time.

And this thread isn't just for you, it is for anyone who has slagged HF and Solwhit. I think it is funny.

i said I wouldn't run him..not he shouldn't run in it..and don't forget..the fav didn't run..which made it an easier race..we all agreed it took the edge of it

but...i tell you what... if you think this thread is so good..i feel sorry for you mate..its a sad sneering betting shop moron mentality thread imo

if the general consensus is that we devote threads to sneering at people who get it wrong..i've definately done on here and i urge anyone who lurks never to post here IF this is the sad mentality prevalent here

I think i was more than humble in admitting i was wrong..but to highlight mine and others misjudgement like this is way out of order

you can all bollox if this is what is going to happen when an "outsider" gets it wrong

Last edited:
I agree with Bobby; the Starluck stuff was when the forum started to go off the rails, and I don't remember EC1 agreeing with that nonsense.

EC1, when Celestial Halo won a couple of races, I don't remember you hesitating in rubbing people's noses in it.

I agree with Bobby; the Starluck stuff was when the forum started to go off the rails, and I don't remember EC1 agreeing with that nonsense.

EC1, when Celestial Halo won a couple of races, I don't remember you hesitating in rubbing people's noses in it.

i banter with people..i like a laugh...and i can admit when i'm wrong..i don't start threads like this

Theres a difference between a bit of largeing it for fun and sneering. Subtle maybe, but EC1 usually bigs it up with a bit of self pisstake, which is fine

Jaysus. You'd swear he'd put up videos of child abuse.

thats silly Bar isn't it?

like i said..if the forum think threads like this are ok then i've done posting here

people like Bobbyjo say fuck all when i'm putting winners up..but are quick to start shite threads like this

like i said..i got a sense of humour..i expected stick..but there is no need for this sneering moronic shite

its not done as banter...its just sneering in the worst sort of way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back