The supreme novice hurdle

ajax trees down

At the Start
I mean it's got to be the most open supreme for years. How does anyone have a strong fancy with it been 10-1 the field. Iv backed 4 and it's not even Xmas yet. Pipe could have 2, Mullins could have 4/5 and decent performances popping up daily. Does anyone out there have a concrete selection? I'm on west wizard, the liquidator and moyle park and as soon as Iv pressed send on this post I'm going in on golantilla. The only thing that's 100% is il be out of the place pot on day 1 after the first leg.

A race I won't be looking at until the end of Jan kind of time. Even on d day its a race u can change ur mind on several times. Being bullish on 1 can often send people over the edge. A race u can almost be certain there'll be value in right up to off time.

To be fair as these horses are novices they will tend to improve as the season goes on and there experience grows. But usually by now there are 2/3 that set the standard. Jezki last year was 2-1 in January can't see anything to follow suit this year

It's open that's for sure but a little over 2 years ago Dubai Prince, at 8/1, was sent off the same price as Snow Fairy and 4 points shorter than Cirrus Des Aigles for the G1 champion stakes.

A couple of poor efforts in Dubai (somewhat ironically) have been followed by a return to some decent form, culminating in a G3 win on his last outing on the flat.

His debut for Ferguson over timber couldn't have been more impressive and the second home that day has since come out and won, beating a Nicholls hotpot who had form against Garde La Victoire and Regal Encore.

It's hard to know whether he can translate his flat form to hurdles and he has had his problems, but if he can then he is no 20/1 chance.

The trainer's 0 for 19 record at Cheltenham helps temper enthusiasm though.

It's a pity as he was due to run at Ascot tomorrow but has been scratched, although he's still entered in the future champions novice hurdle at Leopardstown next Friday so if he lines up there then Ferguson must think quite a bit of him and a win against the likes of Vautour, The Tullow Tank and Moyle Park could easily see him head the market for the Cheltenham opener.

The race at leops could be a really good trial and Dubai prince was impressive but I need to see the form franked a tad more and defo like to see him take on and perform against a better opposition. No doubt he was a smart flat performer

Back