The Today's Fancy Thread

Bar the Bull

At the Start
People are always going on about how good the today's fancy thread is, so I thought I would do a bit of analysis.

I have only got as far as page 47, which takes me to the end of last year.

Unsurprisingly to me, the thread shows a level stakes loss. €16.40.

Almost all contributors are down on the thread. I don't want to discourage people from posting, so I will just list those who are up on the thread for 2010.

Luke €10.87
Trackside €10.50
neo5 €7.75
On the Bridle €7.50
david johnson €5.56
Simon €2.40
Bar the Bull €1.25
Grasshopper €1.00
Steve T €0.50
Grey €0.00
Gamla Stan €0.00

Where a price wasn't shown, I took SP. This took me a long time to do (I started it a month ago, and finished it this afternoon). For a few of the place lays (Luke especially) I had to guess the price.

Anybody suprised? I will try to get around to the last five months next time I am on a 2hr conference call.

Last edited:
Amazing analysis. I'm delighted I'm level.

My excuse is that I keep all the juicy early price business for myself. :D

This year seems to be going well with some bigger price winners which should help to show a level stakes profit.

Thats serious work Bar - thought you would have a big dopey hungover head after yesterday's magic. I really really wanted to back her but didn't which gave me the most amazing feeling of delight and despair watching her win. Somebody will understand what I mean....:blink:

People are always going on about how good the today's fancy thread is, so I thought I would do a bit of analysis.

I have only got as far as page 47, which takes me to the end of last year.

Unsurprisingly to me, the thread shows a level stakes loss. €16.40.

Almost all contributors are down on the thread. I don't want to discourage people from posting, so I will just list those who are up on the thread for 2010.

Luke €10.87
Trackside €10.50
neo5 €7.75
On the Bridle €7.50
david johnson €5.56
Simon €2.40
Bar the Bull €1.25
Grasshopper €1.00
Steve T €0.50
Grey €0.00
Gamla Stan €0.00

Where a price wasn't shown, I took SP. This took me a long time to do (I started it a month ago, and finished it this afternoon). For a few of the place lays (Luke especially) I had to guess the price.

Anybody suprised? I will try to get around to the last five months next time I am on a 2hr conference call.

ffs don't count my January February input this year :).i had black cats saying don't let him walk in front of you

Last edited:
Lord Henry 1.6 is worth taking on - He is now at the veteran stage of his career and was comfortably btn over 3L L/T/O by a horse rated 118 giving him 4lb, He's run 3 times at the track and only ran well on the one occasion. I think The Polomoche is his big danger having won F/T/O every year he raced, is only 8yo and will like the going although those stats were for N.Hendreson. Also Lord Ryeford could run well now back with Tom George.
Lord Henry is always liable to make a bad jumping error but being a Hunter Chase rather than back something against Lord Henry I'd rather have all the field on my side.

Ooops wrong thread

Last edited:
I have updated it to the 4th March.

The thread is down €43.83

Again, nearly everybody (34 people) are making a loss. The only profitable people are:

On the Bridle €17.19
Luke €15.62
trackside €11.50
neo05 €5.75
Simon €4.40
DavidJohnson €3.31
Flame €2.10
Bar the Bull €2.00
Placebacker €1.10
granger €0.77

Of those who have asked, Hamm is €2.50 down to 4th March, and Gearoid is down 90c.

Four people account for all of the loss.

Just to confirm, I'm actually +£126.57 to advised stakes/prices with shadybet.com. I've built a right tank up with them.

You would have been better off killing yourself than spending your time with such a Killjoy analysis. We are all big boys and girls on the forum and are savvy enough to work out the clued in from the clueless on the thread. I'm 1/66 to name the four most losing tipsters.

Ah I'm only joking; you're one of the few lads on here that I take seriously tipwise. It might have been a waste of time, but I get annoyed by people going on about how good the thread is when it reeks of horseshit most days.

Agreed about who is clued in and clueless.

That was a stirring post Bar, but you knew that! Your more clued in than most!! Run For Sol in the Killarney bumper ;)

Back