The Walsh's

With so much background, you'd think Katie would know how to much, or little, to use a whip. Bans for her and Carberry, both deserved. Carberry's knocked herself out of Aintree.

"Walsh-to-Walsh coverage... " that's a little gem, that is, Tracks! Pity they couldn't find a slot for Mummy Walsh, to complete the working set. Perhaps they could set her about judging the Bonniest Baby or whatever off-racing comps they've got going?

With so much background, you'd think Katie would know how to much, or little, to use a whip. Bans for her and Carberry, both deserved. Carberry's knocked herself out of Aintree.

You probably don't remember Ted riding then? Thought that looked atrocious and the ban was very lenient.

My only other memory of her riding at Cheltenham was when Willie Mullins made the mistake of putting her up on Fiveforthree in the Festival Bumper.

Not so much not remember, Tree, but I was probably out of the country (anywhere between 1972-92), so would've missed him. I take it he was heavy-handed!

Not so much not remember, Tree, but I was probably out of the country (anywhere between 1972-92), so would've missed him. I take it he was heavy-handed!

He was a very successful amateur jockey but if he was riding today the whip would probably have already been banned.

Yes, if I remember correctly he was a very young horse who struggled to win another race after receiving the benefit of Ted's assistance.

I hadn't got time to watch all the Channel 4 coverage back but I would hazard a guess that neither Francome or Big Mac tackled Ted about his daughter's use of the whip? Racing UK vitually ignored the issue.

He had his moment of fame at Cheltenham before running well in a National.
I applaud the two ladies for their riding-it's a race that I could watch any amount of times.

Nice shot of Ted jnr ecstatic after his sister has beaten his girlfriend home. Explain that one after a few sherrys Ted !

Ted 'junior' was that huge, red-faced chap boinging around in the background? Crikey, poor Nina. Definitely under a weight penalty with that one...

You probably don't remember Ted riding then? Thought that looked atrocious and the ban was very lenient.

My only other memory of her riding at Cheltenham was when Willie Mullins made the mistake of putting her up on Fiveforthree in the Festival Bumper.
Wasn't a mistake - Fran Berry absolutely mullered her on the turn for home.

If they aren't going to throw horses out when the jockey breaks the rules then there's very little incentive to adhere to them - short of doubling bans at the big meetings particularly when so much is at stake at Cheltenham.

Wasn't a mistake - Fran Berry absolutely mullered her on the turn for home.

If they aren't going to throw horses out when the jockey breaks the rules then there's very little incentive to adhere to them - short of doubling bans at the big meetings particularly when so much is at stake at Cheltenham.

It was a huge mistake. She basically wasn't good enough/strong enough to gain a decent position and was always playing catch up. A half decent male rider would have won. Where has she been in the pecking order for Willie's bumper rides since then?

She went for a gap and Fran Berry chopped it right off IIRC. You can't blame the jockey for not being able to push a horse out of the way when they've been cut up. If a "half decent male rider" had been on board he'd have been put straight through the rail.

Willie Mullins noted that Ted is the leading sire at the festival

Very good line ......but its not a picture you want in your head

God forbid that C4 show the videos

She went for a gap and Fran Berry chopped it right off IIRC. You can't blame the jockey for not being able to push a horse out of the way when they've been cut up. If a "half decent male rider" had been on board he'd have been put straight through the rail.

She had already messed up by the time she had got to stage you are talking about.

Back