The Will Win (Last Stand) Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Another good guess and 6/4.

Didn't beat the SP and you needed the 2nd to wander right and then left to get by.

I've seen nothing to change my mind that you're all inferior guessers. Get off my ******* thread...

GL again Reet, that's a brave call on this thread

It was a brave call (for the thread) but it was arguably a good call. I can say that because I thought it was excellent value at 9/2 and seriously considered going in double-strength on it but I'm not convinced they wanted the win today given the ride it got. But let's be kind and say the mare hadn't fully recovered from last week's race.

Last edited:
It was a brave call (for the thread) but it was arguably a good call. I can say that because I thought it was excellent value at 9/2 and seriously considered going in double-strength on it but I'm not convinced they wanted the win today given the ride it got. But let's be kind and say the mare hadn't fully recovered from last week's race.

Thought it was a bad ride myself. Stuck behind traffic 2 out, when finally clear stayed on well up the hill but race was already long gone.

Why wouldn't they want to win today.

That's what I would want to know, Luke.

Are they keeping her for a race they have a better record in? I read a trends item the other day that said Henderson's runners tend to be undercooked at this meeting but I ignored that because the mare had won last week. I was never happy with the way VB was being ridden today but I admit my pocket may have been doing the talking. Then again, I was also on Nietzsche and was always happy with the way he was being ridden.

Difficult one...

Surely finished with handicaps after winning that good race last week.I wonder why he ran at Chelmsford -maybe NJH has a doubt about her as a hurdler.

Last edited:
That's what I would want to know, Luke.

Are they keeping her for a race they have a better record in? I read a trends item the other day that said Henderson's runners tend to be undercooked at this meeting but I ignored that because the mare had won last week. I was never happy with the way VB was being ridden today but I admit my pocket may have been doing the talking. Then again, I was also on Nietzsche and was always happy with the way he was being ridden.

Difficult one...
Just watched it back (several times) and there didn't seem too nuch wrong with the ride. Roughed up a little in the closing stages. but - for whatever reason - her customary turn of foot didn't materialise when it was needed.

Toughest race of her life to date, offering the biggest prize of her career. In the top of her form , off the highest mark of her career...........A win here would have doubled her value......and she was stopped for another day :blink:

Nicky has a few winner at this meeting 2 on average but most years does his best ammo for Xmas exept for about 3 years ago his best 2 horse at the time Sprinter Sacre and Altior won the Shloer and the Supreme Trial

Last edited:
Back