Things I like ...

MINI-MAXIMUS...
Those melting 'mallows might be yummy,
But wait 'til they settle round your tummy -
And how the desire of "I want some!"
Means minis start to enlarge your bum,
Then, settling down with happy sighs,
You wonder what happened to your thighs.
What once was slim, or even skinny,
Has been transformed by 'one more mini'!

More home-made (or artisan, if you're poncey) bread from our outdoor weekend market. It's still going strong today after being bought on Saturday, not dried out and never going to go mouldy, unlike processed breads. The taste holds all the time and it's going down a treat toasted and buttered.

Frank Cooper's coarse-cut orange marmalade. My absolute fave of marmalades. Perfect with a cuppa Yorkshire or Twining's English Breakfast Tea - both come up a glorious colour and while you can serve them really strong, they are smooth and leave barely any tannin marks.

Last edited:
Avon and Somerset Police Force, especially Mike who beats on our shoot and who organised the search for my stolen dogs and the truck they were in. They were fantastic, as were Devon and Cornwall, couldn't have asked for more and I am very, very grateful to them.

You can bake them some yummy cakes for the Station as a thank-you! They'll be arranging to lift the truck themselves after those, just to get more! So glad it all turned out okay, but how useful that was to have a copper on the shoot.

MINI-MAXIMUS...
Those melting 'mallows might be yummy,
But wait 'til they settle round your tummy -
And how the desire of "I want some!"
Means minis start to enlarge your bum,
Then, settling down with happy sighs,
You wonder what happened to your thighs.
What once was slim, or even skinny,
Has been transformed by 'one more mini'!

I'd hate to think what this weeks fixation is doing!

Condensed Milk :confused:

Ooh, I went through a phase of that once, too! Straight from the can, before it even hit the tinned peaches! Really went mad for that combination for some time. Are you combining the hot choc, melting mallows and condensed milk in one? I can't think of anything more naughty that won't get you arrested! Well, maybe some choccy sprinkles on top of the mallows... ;)

You're so right - nothing sweet survives anywhere near its best-by date!

Found a lovely treat today: Gregg's the bakers (unfortunately, they only deal in cash, which I don't always have to hand) - yum-yums, and mini yum-yums! I've decided now to keep one treat to hand for teatime and to eat one smallish meal a day. Come the New Year, it'll be fasting and manic exercise, but I just can't get too drummed-up about dieting with Christmas approaching!

Think I've had those before (tesco)
thats if they are the same thing!
Pastry twisted with icing drizzled over the top
very nice!!!!!

Yep, that's them! In South Africa - and probably Holland, where the SA's would've got the idea to start with - they're called 'koeksisters' and I think they've got another name in America. Totally deelish!

Fudge - especially the crumbly one you can break up (butter tablet, I think). My usual colleague at Lingfield and I are mad for it.

Lidl's sell a great one by a firm called Sweet Desire, just as you describe Kri. My mate bought me some (amongst many other treats) for my birthday last year and we've been hooked on it since.

Once a month about 5 or 6 of us congregate in my office to try out a new blend of coffee, a cake that someone has baked and a treat that someone else has found.

Not all female, I hasten to add. My boss has been known to join in and our clerk, Jonathan, is a regular.

It's so good to have our Department (almost) back to its lively, sociable self again.

Going home in two weeks time for my godson's christening.* Really looking forward to it - haven't seen the lad for a good while:

Here he is with his twin brother:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...07972829_100000324529478_355139_7607176_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...46487582_100000324529478_256326_3087818_n.jpg

I also like the fact that the occasion coincides with my being able to attend what looks a cracking Fairyhouse card the day after.

*despite reports to the contrary, no drink was taken prior to my selection.

Last edited:
How do Mum and Dad tell the difference? I can see it wouldn't matter until they got names, really, but once they're christened, they'll have to wear dog tags! Cute wee bundles, aren't they?

How do Mum and Dad tell the difference? I can see it wouldn't matter until they got names, really, but once they're christened, they'll have to wear dog tags! Cute wee bundles, aren't they?

I wouldn't have a clue but my sister says she can see subtle differences in their mannerisms and facial expressions which set them apart. Whether they're father recognises that is another story!

Hamm, they're names are Ryan and Alex and as soon as they can stand they'll be joining their uncles in the Stretford End. Far too important for any messing about... :ninja:

I suppose they could wear the players' shirt numbers to tell them apart, then, if that wouldn't stretch Mum's patience a tad too far!

Back