Thomas Baines

socks

At the Start
Spencers ride on this colt didnt look very good to me.Surprise the stewards didnt that a closer look.But i suppose you know what you get when you back him:mad:. Hurry up back Hayley:)

Didn't look good. Thankfully 2yr old maidens in April are not betting propositions for me

Also like the Sporting Life in running comments:

"chased leaders, no where to go from over 2f out, finished strongly with rider sitting still opened 10/11"

Racing Post comment:

Tracked leaders on inside, not clear run from 2f out, finished on bridle (op 10-11 tchd 5-4)

(emphasis mine)

Just watched it on ATR, he's absolutely fucking useless. He has his days but my oh my, does he have his bad days. You just can't back him with masses of confidence.

Awful.

I notice at the weekend he messed up on a paul cole two year old that was in the process of running a big race and again fk up on Sariska.
What a liabilty he is for fk sake.
Riding two for Bell this afternoon both favs most likely fk up on one:lol:
when will mr bell come to his senses and drop the twat.:mad:
come back hayley:D

Spencers ride on this colt didnt look very good to me.Surprise the stewards didnt that a closer look.But i suppose you know what you get when you back him:mad:. Hurry up back Hayley:)

My bet for this weeks Bet idol..Thomas Baines:mad::mad: Thanks Jamie Spencer..Maybe I'll give Mrs Spencer a bell..compensation due:<3::<3:

But it's not a comparison of collective rides, or riding ability, it's a comparison of 2 poor rides.

On the subject of Spencer, it's such a pity it often reduces people on racing forums to such juvenile comments in place of debate, and prevents any interesting discussion.

He should have gone to specsavers if he doesn't think that was a bad ride. If I was Richard or Matthew Green he would never ride for me again.

A friend was berating him for a ride at Newbury on Saturday. Unfortunately, or otherwise, although I was there I didn't actually see the race, but the words, 'hemmed in' and 'viciously yanking her(filly) out from an impossible position of his own making' were used as he tried to redeem his efforts. Said friend was not impressed with his tactics or riding skills.

"chased leaders, no where to go from over 2f out, finished strongly with rider sitting still opened 10/11"

A shade misleading IMO. As far as I can see, he was always going to struggle for room within 200 yards of the stalls. To suggest that he had ample room to manouvre during the first half of the race is misleading I would suggest. To add to that, the horse looked to take quite a keen grip, particularly during the early part of the race.

All very easy to slag off Spencer, but I for one would certainly rather see him get a warning from the stewards for failing to ride out sufficiently than see him endanger both horses and riders by trying to barge through a non-existant gap. Hands were tied to a large degree in this particular case IMO.

The only reason he didn't risk a ban and get the horse out was he would have been banned for the Guineas, had that been Delegator in that position in the Guineas he would have barged his way out, fact.

Back