Thursday's Racing

Originally posted by numbersix+Apr 17 2008, 11:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (numbersix @ Apr 17 2008, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Charlie D@Apr 17 2008, 11:17 AM
Like the look of Multidimentional
Agreed. Looked unlucky in the Champion Stakes, so potentially well treated here as an unpenailised Group 1 winner (assuming he would have won the Champion Stakes with a clear passage). Pipedreamer is an improving handicapper whereas MultiD is a proven top drawer animal and it is significant he is kep in training.

I hope Cecil can double up with Twice Over in the Craven. Needs to make it a severe test of stamina to trouble the favourite though, although Gosden has issued a warning about Raven's Pass in the RP so maybe today is the day to get that one beat.

Up at Ripon my hard earned will be on Spice Route in the Conditions event. He ran well on debut this season considering he probably needed the run, and with conditions ideal should start to make the transition from handicapper. [/b][/quote]
One day I'll tip a winner on here - honest guvnor!

Well, I spose I tipped Twice Over but I didn-t back him - went for Raven's in the end, so not really counting this one!!

Originally posted by Melendez@Apr 17 2008, 01:16 PM
Something a little more mundane ...

High Court Drama (8.10 Dundalk)

He seemed to get a fairly harsh handicap rating of 83 for winning an all-weather maiden. As it turned out, the second in that race, Fay Street, was short-headed for 2nd in his next race by a horse rated 97 with an Oxx newcomer winning by a few inches more. The horse in 6th is rated 77 which would pretty much tie in with the rating for the horse in 2nd, so that form has a solidish look. If you can believe that Fay Street ran a similar race both times, it would make High Court Drama about a stone ahead of the handicap. On breeding he should improve for the extra furlong - He was fit the last day though so you'd expect less than normal improvement on that front.

Having said all that, connections do not seem to be over-confident (not usual), there are at least a couple in the race that may be well handicapped and he may need to be as good as the generous interpretation in the previous paragraph to prevail. 7/1 with Paddy Power still seems reasonable enough - he is the racing post joint top rated and the form, however skimpy, is in the book.
That is why I'm your Idol.

Back