Thyestes Day

Bar the Bull

At the Start
Apologies if there is a thread on this already.

I like Sam Adams in the novice chase.

Beroni needs to be decent to cope with the rise in weights in the big one. Lochan Lacha might have won if he had stood up at Leopardstown and appeals more than Footy Facts or Siegemaster of the favourites.

I will have a bet on him but also chance Arbor Supreme who looks absolutely and completely laid out for this race. So much so that I am wondering if I am missing something as to why he is 14/1. Form on heavy. Right trainer. Right jockey. Wrong owner. Decent course and distance form.

Step back up to 3m will suit Whinstone Boy, who looks to be heading the right way over fences, and is feasibly treated on a mark of 117 based on his previous form with Beroni.

Does Fire Belt have a chance in the bumper? With Fogarty's claim, he's getting over a stone from Paul Kristian.

Thyestes is one of those races that you know shouldn't be touched with a barge pole, but you can't resist having an interest in anyway!

Interesting handicap hurdle. Fistoulig is one that I've had my eye on for a good while now. Up 9lbs on his Navan win leaves him on a pretty attractive mark for me, and considering he was entered up over Christmas at Leopardstown (and possibly for one of the called off meetings early in the new year?) I'd be pretty hopeful he won't lack for fitness. I think he's one to keep on side especially when he goes up in trip.

Cool Quest absolutely bolted up at Fairyhouse, form which looks certainly looks stronger now than it did on the day. 12lbs for that isn't overly harsh, a point proven when he was a good third at Cork, having been slightly hampered in the straight (arguably an unlucky loser). 11/2 hardly represents any enormous value ~ will do for me though.

Health warning: I have backed two winners this year!

I had a few bob on WOA for a place. He had run well at Leopardstown at Crimbo. Just goes to show the old hands still have it. It's six years this March since he was beaten in that photo at Cheltenham!

I had a few bob on WOA for a place. He had run well at Leopardstown at Crimbo. Just goes to show the old hands still have it. It's six years this March since he was beaten in that photo at Cheltenham!

Good boost to Brave Incas form....must keep an eye on the entries...

I'd love to see Offshore Account come through and win the Thyestes Chase, and at 60.0 he's a good price for a long shot.

Back