Tingle Creek meeting Saturday.

Tanlic

Senior Jockey
Jonbon is a worth favouvite for the Tingle Creek but whether it is up to standard for such a prestiges race is another question.

The Henry Vlll novices chase used to be one of the best novice chases of the year.

Won by Buona Notte in 1964 who went on to beat Dunkirk in the Scilly Isles won the RSA and then beat Arkle in the Massey Ferguson
it was won by some very talented novices like Killiney but since 2000 only Altior and Edwardstone have went on and won the likes of the Arkle.
other Arkle winners like Sprinter, El Fabiolo, Un Des Sceaux, Douvan, Simon sig Sizing Europe etc etc gave the race a body swerve.

I don't know if it the timing of the race or just bad managment and low prize money that causes it but even the Whitvread is only half the race is used to be.

I used to love Sandown race always regarded them as the best of the best. So sad they seem not to care as much about NH races as they used to.

Hope C Hill turns up and draws a big crowd on Saturday as without him there's not a lot to see

Last edited:
I wonder how L'Homme Presse is doing with his comeback, after he was taken out yesterday.

This was earmarked as a possible starting point for him.

He is entered in the Savills and King George, but after his jumping left handed last year, there must be a fair chance Venetia and the owner will send him left handed again at Leopardstown, no?

This would be interesting.

Last edited:
Jonbon is a worth favouvite for the Tingle Creek but whether it is up to standard for such a prestiges race is another question.

The Henry Vlll novices chase used to be one of the best novice chases of the year.

Won by Buona Notte in 1964 who went on to beat Dunkirk in the Scilly Isles won the RSA and then beat Arkle in the Massey Ferguson
it was won by some very talented novices like Killiney but since 2000 only Altior and Edwardstone have went on and won the likes of the Arkle.
other Arkle winners like Sprinter, El Fabiolo, Un Des Sceaux, Douvan, Simon sig Sizing Europe etc etc gave the race a body swerve.

I don't know if it the timing of the race or just bad managment and low prize money that causes it but even the Whitvread is only half the race is used to be.

I used to love Sandown race always regarded them as the best of the best. So sad they seem not to care as much about NH races as they used to.

Hope C Hill turns up and draws a big crowd on Saturday as without him there's not a lot to see

When you look at the quality of the UK 2m novice hurdlers from last year……and open 2m hurdlers (CH apart)…..it’s not all that surprising that the 2m novice chase division looks a bit weak this year. We just don’t have the quaity of horse these days.

I don’t think there’s an issue with its slot in the calendar, as it falls 3-4 weeks after the G2 novice at the Cheltenham Open meeting. What’s mildly surprising is the small field it’s drawn, considering none of the 2m novice chasers here seem to be particularly great shakes, and anyone with a horse rated 140 over hurdles, could probably have a fair crack at the prize-money. Trainers showing a lack of savvy and ambition perhaps.

Really looking forward to it, there’s some heavy artillery out as well as some supporting fire that might turn out to join them in due course.

Friday:

Stay Away Fay

Giovinco
Liari
Panjari
Immortal
Insurrection

Sat:

Constitution Hill
Jonbon
Shiskin
Chantry House

JPR One
Willmount
Impose Toi

Last edited:
Wouldn't be backing Jonbon at double his current price. The Schloer was a poor pace, Edwardstone ran poorly and it wouldn't surprise if the form were reversed here.

Edwardstone not certain to run it seems and may wait for Peterborough Chase, and I'm not entirely certain Captain Guinness will travel for this either, so it could be a 4-runner affair.

On that basis, I've taken the 16's each-way (1/4 odds, 2 places - PP) about Boothill, who is jocked-up and presumably an intended runner, is much better going right-handed than left, has the beating of Haddex Des Obeaux (on form and ratings), and Nube Negra always goes backwards after his first run.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be backing Jonbon at double his current price. The Schloer was a poor pace, Edwardstone ran poorly and it wouldn't surprise if the form were reversed here.

Never in a million years, reet :lol:

I have a couple of NFL divisional winners (95% likely anyway) that are doubled with Jonbon for the Ryanair. I need him to **** the bed over two miles.

Really looking forward to it, there’s some heavy artillery out as well as some supporting fire that might turn out to join them in due course.

Friday:

Stay Away Fay

Giovinco
Liari
Panjari
Immortal
Insurrection
Can't wait. I am a huge fan of Giovinco who would be going for 7 on the trot but for a mishap and will be very disappointed if he can't take care on PN's horse and the others

Last edited:
Edwardstone not certain to run it seems and may wait for Peterborough Chase, and I'm not entirely certain Captain Guinness will travel for this either, so it could be a 4-runner affair.

On that basis, I've taken the 16's each-way (1/4 odds, 2 places - PP) about Boothill, who is jocked-up and presumably an intended runner, is much better going right-handed than left, has the beating of Haddex Des Obeaux (on form and ratings), and Nube Negra always goes backwards after his first run.

The Peterborough Chase card looks in grave doubt with standing water on the track ahead of a forecast deluge between now and Sunday.

Even if that’s off and Edwardstone turns up here it’s no foregone conclusion he’ll finish ahead of Boothill IMO.

I also doubt Captain Guinness will come over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favourite, if not the favourite race days of the year. The extra races adding to the expectation. Agree possibly the Whitbread, as will always be in my mind, but a great day still at I think one of the best racecourses. Great viewing and space to get up close and personal as it were.
The major difference in the current era, compared to years gone by, imho is that the big guns avoid each other too much until Cheltenham. In the past it seemed the good horses were out at least once a month if not more frequently and would take each other on. Now not so much and drives me mad. Any horse can win on the day. Any horse can have a bad day. If you're not in it , you can't win it. If I had a horse(s) in trainng I'd just go for it. Absolutely nothing to lose.

As expected Captain Guinness doesn’t run.

Edwardstone declared and I’m expecting him to run here unless the Peterborough Chase is rerouted to Cheltenham as the meeting on Sunday looks doomed

At least Boothill is declared so at least part 1 of the AP gamble goes to plan Grassy

Last edited:
As expected Captain Guinness doesn’t run.

Edwardstone declared and I’m expecting him to run here unless the Peterborough Chase is rerouted to Cheltenham as the meeting on Sunday looks doomed

At least Boothill is declared so at least part 1 of the AP gamble goes to plan Grassy

Ahead on price anyway. We can guess what happens from here.

That reminds me of 2018. Sceau Royal ante-post, didn't beat the price but had 3 places each way. Four lined up. Great memory.

Henderson sounding somewhat cool about running Constitution Hill on Saturday; something I can well understand as there’s practically no benefit in him doing so.

However, if Shishkin needs a run as badly has the trainer has suggested, he may well let him take his chance.

Shishkin is a Supreme winner who won easily on Heavy ground in his novice season, and we all know what he was/is capable of over fences, yet he is a 16/1 shot on Saturday - basically double the price of the 153-rated Love Envoi and roughly the same price as the 140-rated YWIW.

Even if they’re not inclined to get too busy with Kempton on the horizon, his class could easily see him cuff this lot in the absence of Constitution Hill - assuming he chooses to jump off, of course.

At the price, I’m more than happy to test his resolution and the theory generally.

Last edited:
No argument from me Grassy...He was about to go off at 8/13 when he refused to race.

If he had run either the punters were about to get their fingers burned or he was fit enough to be winning like an odds on shot.

I reckon he'll be fit enough to do himself justice and he was a better hurdle than the others taking the plunge.

I'm 100% behind Giovinco 5/2 to 2/1 on the exchange today I think PN's will need wings to give him 3lbs

Last edited:
Huntingdon has passed a second inspection this morning, and as things stand, the Peterborough Chase meeting goes ahead on Sunday. They're continuing to monitor, but no further inspections planned at this time.

Intrigued that Brian Hughes travels for the sole mount on Dream Of Home in the 2nd race at Sandown today.
small ew at 16/1 4pl with Sky.

Last edited:
I like Fast Buck in the 1.15. He's come down to a nice mark and if he can replicate his run here behind Third Time Lucki last season he has a leading chance. The Gary Moore fav might be progressive but this is different gear than his win (at 6/4) the last day at Plumpton. The other Moore, Hudson de hound, I've never liked.

Back