Tips & Inside Info

harry

At the Start
Now probably everyone on here has had a "tip" or a story of a "banker"..LOL :lol:

But..:(

Have you any stories of success:D or Complete failure:mad:

Get this.

Last Sat 13th Dec I went to my local chip shop and the bloke who worked there was telling everyone that his best mate played golf in Ireland with a jockey who told him to back "The Bishop Looney" on Sunday.

It won at 8/1!!!! I didn't bother:(

I walked out of the pub in Glendaloch a few years back and this couple walked past and said to back "Take Aim" in a banks race as they were involved with the owners. I won my holiday on it:D
More to come but any stories from you lot as it's Xmas

Waiting for a taxi one November raceday with one of Michael O'Brien's lads who told me that they had a nice little mare for the Triumph and to get on early - Shawiya at 50/1. :D

I occassionally get bona fide inside stable information from a few sources. I reckon it is all tainted due to the insiders being entirely biased. Of course you get the few gems, but these are hard to identify until after the race.

Was told by a trainer, at Plumpton a couple of months back, that he thought his horse was under-cooked.

The horse drifted from an opening 11/4 out to 6/1, on course, and duly scooted up.

I occassionally get bona fide inside stable information from a few sources. I reckon it is all tainted due to the insiders being entirely biased. Of course you get the few gems, but these are hard to identify until after the race.

I get one untainted tip every Christmas, It's always a stone waller, will pass it on if I'm near internet access when I get it.

I remember one xmas in the Paddy Power shop where I live. The whole shop was on this tip, Carraig Dubh, 10/1. He led by 10-15 lengths almost the whole way. The bookies ran out of money.

Was on a stag in Liverpool in April and first pub we walked in to we met another stag from Drogheda. Pure random. One of the lads from the other stag got word straight from a trainer about some hot tip. Lad from our stag remembered getting word on the same horse before and it won that time.

The 2 stags were on it, got up on the line to win at 8/1 (OPEN THE SAFE!!). Cant remember the horse, trainer or jockey but remember Duke of Marmalade won his first group one of the season the next day in Longchamp, i had him in a trable with Blas Ceoil and Aine. Found out on the plane that Blas Ceoil had won to complete the treble. Stag paid for, Lovely Jubbly!

Worst bet was on a tony carroll trained horse,given to me by my boss,who had one in training with him,i told every one i knew to get on early, this can't get beat.BANSHA HOUSE 16/1 into 3/1 fav brought down at the first.
going back in the pub after that was a tad hairy.:ninja:

Best bet's one was on a mark flower trained horse,BASE LINE at southwell 1st
at 25's got 33/1 on a monday,run again on the saturday 1st at 7/1.and my
bosses horse MY CONCORDIA at southwell at 33/1 on a friday.chris broad the trainer said she'll win this, and to have a decent each way bet on one of his
called MUDAHIM the following day,chepstow? 1st at long odd's can't remember
the price,far to drunk.happy days.

ps-not had a winner since;)

I went dog racing with a pall, and we met this bloke he new, he was there as he had 2 runners on the card, I put £20 on the first and it won at 14/1 he went down to get the trophey, and some how he came back with the trainers race card, of the 12 races left that night 10 winners were highlighted and only 3 were his dogs, it was a very good night

I went dog racing with a pall, and we met this bloke he new, he was there as he had 2 runners on the card, I put £20 on the first and it won at 14/1 he went down to get the trophey, and some how he came back with the trainers race card, of the 12 races left that night 10 winners were highlighted and only 3 were his dogs, it was a very good night

What track was this at? Was it a big meeting?

I tried to have EUR200 on a pal's dog (6/4 IIR) at Dundalk not too far back and the bookie nearly fell off his stool. Bit pathetic really.

I tried to have EUR200 on a pal's dog (6/4 IIR) at Dundalk not too far back and the bookie nearly fell off his stool. Bit pathetic really.

Dundalk is a joke and you can hardly ever get anything on.

Luckily enough, last Friday we wanted to get some money on a dog called Splanc in an open sprint and there was a big gamble on the trap 1 dog in the race. At least this meant that for once we were accommodated for what could be described as a respectable bet. Usually it is futile trying to get on though.

Back