Todays Bets

Guest_

At the Start
Two at Naas today...

In the two year old race the Ballydoyle newcomer has to be taken on. Considering the gentle gentle approach taken with the older horses this could be the first time Peter Tchaikovsky might have seen a saddle!!! Good word for the Prendergast horse (Heart Of Fire) so I will go for him.

In the Naas Sprint Stakes I will go for Reverence. Ease in the ground and the weight he gets from the likes of Tax Free and co swings it in his favour in my opinion. Probably not the horse of old but he should come on for his comeback run.

Not sure what the ground is like at Newbury so not going to get heavily involve there....however, have backed Bee Sting in the last there.

Ayr - I like CHivalry, Russian Trigger and Noir Et Vert. I abcked Flintoff earlier in the week assuming ti was going to be a mud bath. Chance not so good now woudl the ground, That Clerk of the course needs a word or 2 imo, from heavy to good in 4 days is ridculous.

Thought Age of Chivalry was an interesting runner in Woodlands Gal

On form she needs to improve a bit and she's in open company for the first time, but Oxx don't usually throw em in at deep end

Maybe worth keeping an eye on in betting

I've gone for Old Benny at Ayr and Royal and Regal at Newbury.

Old Benny stays really well and the ground will suit, and conditions should also suit R&R better than most in the John Porter.

I've done the same Grey, tho my bets are all 'on paper' today! LOL
Penzance is worth a bet e/w int he big hurdle, he's been kept back for good ground - tho I'll be putting more on at Sandown!

Have to note that that was a tremendous ride form Choc on Starzaan there - I think he's now the best NH jockey all round - tactically he's brilliant, can do it from the front or the rear, and he's much stronger in a finish this last year or two. He's passed the 100 for this season, first time he's done that

Ground not a problem Ven - Nice one

Thought GOD gave his horse too much ground to make up on this ground

Originally posted by Charlie D@Apr 19 2008, 01:07 PM
Thought Age of Chivalry was an interesting runner in Woodlands Gal

On form she needs to improve a bit and she's in open company for the first time, but Oxx don't usually throw em in at deep end

Maybe worth keeping an eye on in betting
Stable is certainly in great form...not sure the horse is up to these just yet.

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 19 2008, 01:58 PM
not sure the horse is up to these just yet.
Nor am i Gal tbh - just thought she was one of the more interesting entries

As you stated, Tax Free has ground worries, weight to give, Reverence is not same hoss, so i had a look elsewhere and landing on her

Now it's Michita's turn, opted for SP (too short in the shop this morning). Would be happier if the race was over further, maybe the ground will slow up the speedier types.

Gotta worry about jolly Ven coming back from injury, plus i can see Richard probably not giving her a hard one here

Not sure whether i've just seen a good horse or not there

She responded well to couple of cracks early on, this gave GOD encouragement to give her a couple more and go past others pretty easily

Was impressed with the Dunlop filly today, not sure what Richard Hills was doing!!! Lang Shinign won despite the ground imo, should be more to come.

Back