Today's Racing.

Murphy didnt even whip Pressganag once, I certainly thought he could have been harder on him.

With regards to MWDS, he is gone imo, from reports I've read he has always worked like a machine at home hence King's decision to run him in the Arkle. Connections before today's race seemed pretty confident.

If Myway was going to show anything, today was oing to be the day. Horses that look to have had problems will always be best fresh. May as well retire him based on todays run as he won't even be competitive in races below the top level, never mind go on to the success he'd promised in his novice season.

It was a dreadful effort by Murphy on Pressgang.

Pressgang for me wasn't the best of jumpers and it was an impressive performance by the winner who jumped excellently and kept picking up. It was holding Pressgang all the way.

Very impressed with Harry Skelton, done as I hoped today and the Bicardi Tokens are landed :)

Watching the race again, I maintain it was a poor effort from Murphy and he could and should have been a lot more proactive but I agree with Chris in that the winner kept finding.

sorry to say it my way de solzen looks like hes had it.shame start of last season i was as much excited about this horse as a was about denman.silly me.

, but do wonder if the racing Gods are trying tell me something:blink:

They were:p

There's a sign between the betting ring and the paddock at Taunton that says maximum speed 10mph. I'd like to nominate Tenor De Balme as not only the most observant horse in training to spot it, but also the most intelligent to be able to read it, and most honest in duly complying with it. In fairness the first show was 25/1 and he was backed down to 14 with 12's on some boards, so I can't have been alone in my flight of fancy. Having said that, the race in question was a re-run of saturdays at Chepstow, but in a weaker field the second and fourth came first and second, it was that straight forward in the end.

Incidentally Flame, for the entire time that Thomas was on his back in the paddock on Big Fella Thanks, he paid practically no attention to the horse and simply watched the big screen from Huntingdon, even craining is neck over his shoulder as the horse turned away from it. I couldn't decide if he was being ultra cool, or whether his mind and soul was elsewhere?

I don't think Big Fella Thanks is a dog; he idles a bit in front, sure, but I'm not sure that he's especially ungenuine. I haven't seen today's race but I did raise my eyebrows a bit to see him running at Taunton over the trip just short of 3m, since I think he's an out and out stayer and wants a stamina test rather than a flat easy track like Taunton. He's also by Primitive Rising, whose progeny mature very late and tend to be laden with stamina.

Ah, like that was it?! :lol:

He has certainly idled in front before, but more in a baby "what's that over there" looking all over the place way than a "I'm not doing this" way, if you know what I mean.

Ah, like that was it?! :lol:

He has certainly idled in front before, but more in a baby "what's that over there" looking all over the place way than a "I'm not doing this" way, if you know what I mean.

I would be inclined to go with the later today, he tried to crash through fence after fence diving out left handed on a couple of occasions, slammed on the anchors into 4 out, winner made bad mistake 2 out and gifted the race, however head went up and for all Sam's strong handling he lugged left, dived left at last and then refused to go by up the running. The blinkers didn't do a blind bit of difference and whilst I agree he wants further he looked an utter pig today and it was credit to Sam he was only beat a short head.

Watching the race again, I maintain it was a poor effort from Murphy and he could and should have been a lot more proactive but I agree with Chris in that the winner kept finding.
It was a shocker imo, despite the horse looking a slightly suspect ride. I also believe the winner is a bit of a thinker and might have chucked it in if he was headed. Both Murphy and McCoy had a chance to go on at the final bend or before but seemed intent on holding theirs up for as long as possible.

Back