Todays Racing

Guest_

At the Start
Ebadiyan e/w in the first at Leopardstown.

Big Zeb and Thyne Again will fight out the Grade 1 chase with Hurricane Fly looking a good thing in the Grade 1 hurdle granted that most of Mullins's horses improve alot for their initial run. A strongly run race would suit.

I like Notre Pere in the Welsh National and have backed him antepost. Would like to have seen a bit more rain for him but the test of stamina and jumping test should be right up his street.

Twist Magic looks the obvious one in the big race at Kempton but I think Ashley Brook might run a big race at a decent price.

I've backed Newmill and Schindler's Hunt speculatively in what looks a very poor Dial-a-bet.

I would be very surprised if Hurricane Fly wasn't able to repeat his Fairyhouse success today.

I've had my biggest bet in quite a while on Realt Dubh in the 12.50 at Leopardstown at 11/8. Anything over evens looks a fair enough price to me tbh - will go along way to determining the success (or otherwise!) of my Christmas coffers!

Gone with Darkness in the Welsh National - very good run under a big weight first time out at Haydock, think the ground will suit him and he's had a big enough break for the bounce factor to hopefully not be an issue.

Operation Houdini will not be far away in the Paddy Power, but Beautiful Vision is very well treated with him on their Galway run...

Ebadiyan backed from 16/1 this morning into 10s 9s/1 on track...runs out at the second!! :mad:

In fairness to the horse, he couldn't but run out. Two horses came across him and he was almost at a walk jumping it. God that Donegal jumped terribly.

Yeah you are right Cantoris. Hard to see it on the small screen but now clear he had no choice.

Why is Ruby stuck in Chepstow and not in Leopardstown? Love to know how it actually works out.

Last edited:
Big Zeb and Thyne Again will fight out the Grade 1 chase

I'd love to see Zeb win this as they have always thought the world of him. I think though that he needs a very fast pace and comes into his own in the spring so think there might be a few things against him today. But he schooled well earlier in week.

Think the 20s on offer about Osaka D'Airy is good Ew value in the Paddy Power whilst I've had a nice Ew on Cornish Sett whom I think is massively overpriced at 40/1.

Great stuff from Big Zeb and good to see Watson Lake staying on.

Think this is as good a 2m Chase and you could get in Ireland at the moment - there's no Moscow around and Nickname is at stud etc. short of shipping some in from the UK.

Given the weak competition about in the two mile ranks (bar Master Minded obviously)...he could be a place contender granted a bit of improvement.

Great stuff from Big Zeb and good to see Watson Lake staying on.

Think this is as good a 2m Chase and you could get in Ireland at the moment - there's no Moscow around and Nickname is at stud etc. short of shipping some in from the UK.

Take out Master Minded and there is feck all genuine Grade 1 two milers about right now anywhere!!

Matt is a serious jock and he is one of the few lads that will come in and actually tell you stuff about your horse. He is great value for his claim and will do well with Colm. The two are inseparable.

I didn't think Zeb would do that on his first run. He is so much better in the spring so there should be more to come, although the race worked out well for him with Mansony running badly and Natal jumping his chance away. I don't like it when Watson gets so close. I know the happiest lad will be the lad who led him in, he has his half sister at home!!

I've had my biggest bet in quite a while on Realt Dubh in the 12.50 at Leopardstown at 11/8. Anything over evens looks a fair enough price to me tbh - will go along way to determining the success (or otherwise!) of my Christmas coffers!

Still getting back on an even keel after that!

Great to see Watson Lake run so well in the Dial-a-Bet - Big Zeb may well have been idling in front, but he's not one to find much off the bridle for me.

Given the weak competition about in the two mile ranks (bar Master Minded obviously)...he could be a place contender granted a bit of improvement.

not sure they will bring him there. Not a great traveller apparently but that might be different now he is older.

Still getting back on an even keel after that!

Great to see Watson Lake run so well in the Dial-a-Bet - Big Zeb may well have been idling in front, but he's not one to find much off the bridle for me.

Sorceror for Arthur Moore looks a seriously good prospect....ran pretty green up through the whole straight. Looks a great big sort as well.

Back