Today's racing

Well done indeed Gareth, nice price.

Fortune was pretty lame at trying to settle Duncan there, virtually upright at times in the saddle and it only encouraged Duncan to pull more.

Good run from Schiaperelli all the same after so long off. I guess Godolphin will send him off to the German/Italian Group 1s now.

Promising run from Alwaary there; wouldn't be surprised if they reversed the second and third.

More than promising surely, Alwaary would have won to my eye but for the interference.

Duncan just refused to settle. Awful performance.

I also missed Kite Wood's race, but it sounds like he is back to something like his best.

Last edited:
Well done indeed Gareth, nice price.

Fortune was pretty lame at trying to settle Duncan there, virtually upright at times in the saddle and it only encouraged Duncan to pull more.

suprised me as JF is usually pretty good at settling them - probably got a mouth like concrete!

I am waiting for Godawful to buy Arcano - odds anyone?

I was very disappointed in Loch Linnhe, even though he was only beaten just over a length. To me he hasn't turned up the same animal for his subsequent runs as he did on his debut when he looked a monster, and looked capable of beating anything thrown at him. He just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly that I so admired on his first run and I am firmly of the belief that there is a lot more in him than he has shown on these last two outings.

It often happens with 3yos, though, doesn't it? They sometimes come back a wee bit later in the season or next season - and usually when the money's down!

I was very disappointed in Loch Linnhe, even though he was only beaten just over a length. To me he hasn't turned up the same animal for his subsequent runs as he did on his debut when he looked a monster, and looked capable of beating anything thrown at him. He just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly that I so admired on his first run and I am firmly of the belief that there is a lot more in him than he has shown on these last two outings.

Hurdles? :D

I hope so DO, as he is a serious animal. However, since he is a miler, possibly a 10f horse, I don't think he'd be a suitable type for hurdles, GS...

Maybe you had to be there then; the horse looked like he would eat everything else in the paddock, there was no way he wouldn't win. It's not his fault he was running against trees - although eh Godolphin horse doens't quite count as a tree I'm sure - and he could hardly have been more impressive. The run took nothing out of him either, it was like a routine canter for him. That in itself is impressive.

Although I respect you putting your neck on the line Shadow, I fail to see anything in the debut that marked the horse out as anything other than promising.

We see easy wins against trees every week.

I think when a good judge like SL puts her neck on the line we should all take notice.

Back