Top Gear - just how arrogant are these arseholes?

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Not content with being exposed as racist - among other things - we now have this shower offending Argentines with their latest prank.

"A very unfortunate coincidence"??

Do they really think people's heads button up the back?

Pulling the plug on this sh1te is long overdue.

Last edited:
If you take that attitude, in the current context of world affairs talking about horse racing is pretty inconsequential as well but we need a bit of escape from it.

I do laugh at those guys. Never taken to the little hamster one for some reason, but the guy has made a shed load of money, so fair play to him for that.

Clarkson is a standout and love the way that he's pushed things to the edge-and beyond for many- but still just getting away with it :lol:

the records of the car (assuming it's the number plate that DO is referring to) show that it was registered back in the 90s (I think)but it has always had that registration - not even the most ardent hater can hold him responsible for that, people just like to see what they want to.

It's possible (but I have my doubts) that the reg had nothing to with why it was bought originally but given the programme's track record in recent years how about one of the production team (not necessarily Clarkson) saying at a meeting:

Hey guys, I just noticed that old Porsche we bought back in 1991 (or whenever) has a registration that could refer to the Falklands. We should do a programme from Argentina and take that car over.

It's possible they reckoned it was a private joke they could get away with at the time and maybe refer to it later in a show back in good old Blighty, saying, "Look at what we got away with..."

Only they didn't.

It's possible (but I have my doubts) that the reg had nothing to with why it was bought originally but given the programme's track record in recent years how about one of the production team (not necessarily Clarkson) saying at a meeting:

Hey guys, I just noticed that old Porsche we bought back in 1991 (or whenever) has a registration that could refer to the Falklands. We should do a programme from Argentina and take that car over.

It's possible they reckoned it was a private joke they could get away with at the time and maybe refer to it later in a show back in good old Blighty, saying, "Look at what we got away with..."

Only they didn't.

That will almost certainly be the case. That would have been the ending to the programme instead they "got a better one".

They have to say the PC thing in their press release.

Oh I can well imagine that being the case - let's face it,
shows get edited to suit all the time so it could well be that the cars get vetoed before purchase as well - but as none of us work on the show we won't ever know for sure.

It must have been terrifying for all of them though - worse than the crossing America one and that was pretty hairy at times!!

I don't really see a problem with it though. It's 'lads' humour and fans of the show will find it hilarious.

Back