Top Rated Irish Chasers

Guest_

At the Start
From the Racingpost today...the top rated Irish chasers since 96/97 according to Racing Post ratings. Discuss

1) Moscow Flyer 182
2) Kicking King 177
3) Life Of A Lord 175
4) Beef Or Salmon 174
Florida Pearl
Imperial Call
Commanche Court
8) Klairon Davis 173
War Of Attrition
10) Newmill 172
11) Dorans Pride 171
Danoli
13) Harbour Pilot 170
Hedgehunter
Rule Supreme
Nickname

Life Of A lord is rated much higher than I would expect! :what:

Florida Pearl should be rated third best behind Moscow Flyer & Kicking King IMO. I think Dorans Pride was superior to Commanche Court & Newmill. Imperial Call was unlucky with injury without that I think he could have been rated higher as well.

Life Of A Lord and Commanche Court are bizarre additions. Life Of A Lord did his in handicaps off big weights but CC's is based solely on his Gold Cup run. In the same league as Florida Pearl, Beef Or Salmon or Imperial Call...give me a break!

Commanche Court over-rated....must agree and proximity of Life of a Lord is unusual and shows the occasional flaws of such lists...many of those below never ran in a handicap

I wonder when Rule Supreme is back.....

Moscow Flyer should have a '+' next to his name, because even when winning that Tingle Creek, he looked capable of running to an even higher mark, if it had been necessary.

Always felt Kicking King was over-rated on the back of his first King George win, and wouldn't have him any higher than 172 myself.

Life of a Lord's mark looks a nonsense to me, as does Commanche Court's. Both Danoli and Doran's Pride should be rated higher than either of that pair.

Not convinced Nickname is worth 170. I'd have him about 166.

Surprised Rince Ri and Alexander Banquet aren't on the list. Both were better horses than Commanche Court, imo.

I would rate Native Upmanship on a higher mark than many mentioned above.

I doubt if Life of A Lord would get NU off the bridle over two and a half miles.

Good spot on Native Upmanship, Powerscourt...

Shame the Ryanair came along a little too late for him

Agreed, he and Florida Pearl were by far my favourite Irish chasers in recent years

Originally posted by Grasshopper@Dec 24 2007, 10:23 AM
Moscow Flyer should have a '+' next to his name, because even when winning that Tingle Creek, he looked capable of running to an even higher mark, if it had been necessary.

Always felt Kicking King was over-rated on the back of his first King George win, and wouldn't have him any higher than 172 myself.

Timeform have MF on 184+ but his proximity to Best Mate and KK (both 182) illustrates their renown bias towards the staying division.

Good point about the 2milers versus the 3 milers rating Euro.

Gareth your spot on about Commanche Courts rating.

I think CC, LoL and KK are all overated. FP and MF should be higher, but the lengths that the establishment and 'those that will not see' will go to protect the moderate Best Mate is laughable.

Mossbank is now officially rated 170 by the Irish handicapper. That’s the highest rating Florida Pearl ever achieved in Ireland and just 4lbs off Beef Or Salmon. Sounds much too high for a horse that could in the future hit such heights.

170 is absolute bollox. Even worse than the ratimg afforded to War of Attrition and that is highly dubious, just because he won the Gold Cup they wanted him ahead of Beef or Salmon despite the latters form being of higher standard.

Kicking King’s Gold Cup may well have been over rated but his King George win and in particular his thrashing (in terms of distance and style) of Rathgar Beau (who was having the season of his life and went on to run a close third in the Ryanair) left me in no doubt he was a 170 plus horse.

When you consider how close KK ran Well Chief in the Arkle over two miles and the King George performances as mentioned [the second when injured] then he definitely merits his position. In fact, over two and a half miles or a sharp three I would say he would be very, very difficult to beat in his prime.

Back