Touts Outside Cheltenham?

Originally posted by an capall@Jan 28 2008, 01:28 PM
Jeezuz, will you lot get a life. I find the diversity of people at the course add to the colour and noise and texture of a race meeting. I'd hate to see you if you had a real problem.

To add to Grey's input - the fruit sellers are what we know in Dublin as 'dealers' - they are generational families that have been doing this forever, as well as keeping fruit/fish stalls in Moore Street in Dublin. They do nobody any harm whatever and if you leave a racecourse behind somebody like John Oxx or Dermot Weld (more OUR kind of people - eh?) you will see they will stop for a chat and buy a bag of fruit, and will know the ladies by name. If I have a spare ticket I will always gift it to one of these ladies in the hope that they can snag a tenner for it.
Spot on.

Agreed, the colourful ladies add to the gaiety of life, and good on Weld etc seeing them right - but there is a difference with those who really force themselves on you, as they do at Goodwood. Still, there's no violence involved so no harm done :P and someone must buy the stuff or they wouldn't persist

Hey An Capall I think this thread's hilarious now and I do have a life, maybe you could join your lovely pixie, goblin ladies outside the courses selling your shite bumper tips :D

Originally posted by harry@Jan 27 2008, 08:34 PM
those Irish trolls scare me to death on the way out of Punchestown, and the Vietnam Vet who lays on the floor coz he's crippled but is stood up after racing. outside every time I've been there...........freak show :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Classic... BMHL when I read this... the 'Vietnam Vet' blew me away... excellent.....

Classic stuff..

AoB

Back