Trackers

barjon

Conditional
I’ve got four trackers running today.

Involvement 1:15 Haydock 13/2 atm from 11/1 last night.

Handicap debut today, but he’s been shoved up two Classes which makes it difficult, he has a bit to find, I think, and is untested on the going. If that isn’t enough to put me off, I thought the favourite Candonomore won with any amount in hand last time, although that one is up a couple of Classes as well. Have to watch the market, but probably just a watch.

Al Shabab Storm 1:30 Goodwood 4/1 from 7/1 last night

Raced wide round Chester, of all places!! Came from well off the pace and finished strongly, but just failed. Goes up 4lb for that (not much incentive to try that hard when you get put up for finishing second, is it) but still worth a shot.

Kerdos 1:50 Haydock 16/1 from 22/1 last night

Vadream is all the rage for this because of the soft going, but I think Kerdos would have gone very close in the Palace House with a clear run and I’d take him come out on top of the other three who recontest today. (Seven Questions, Vadream and Beautiful Diamond). There are other very decent horses in the race as well as the unknown quantity - Asfoora - who has been running in Australia. Have taken a bit of each way.

Crystal Flyer 4:20 Goodwood 5/2

Looked inexperienced in what’s turning out to be a hot little Class2 at Sandown last time. Seemed to get the hang of things and ran on on strongly to the finish. I reckon she’ll be much better in this one, although the unraced Gosden filly needs a market check.

Have a good one guys and gals.

Blimey, what was that, ASS hung right across the track and still managed second (looks like I’m still ill with seconditis after Involvement’s second as well, but that was very pleasing for the future - I didn’t back him)

I had ASS and Blue Prince in that. Painful.

The thing about trackers, and most of mine are 3yo handicappers, is you just run into one on occasion that just aren't backable really as they can come from novices etc. Like, I had Align the Stars at York last week and he was 2nd to a Ballydoyle. What am I supposed to do with that.

Back