Trainer Stuart Crawford

swedish chef

At the Start
Trains out of Larne, Co Antrim. What do our Irish friends know about this trainer?

He's doing really well when he brings his horses over with a 33% strike-rate in bumbers 45% this season with 5wins and 5thirds from 11 runners.
Also a 46.5% place rate in all hurdle and bumber races in the last 5 seasons.

His runner in the first at Catterick travelled really well and he has two more there today at double-figure odds.

I don't know much about him, Chef, but there are a few Irish trainers doing well out of targeting little races in Scotland and the north of England. They are doing it with horses who wouldn't be normally be up to winning similar races in Ireland.

Jimmy Lambe and Gordon Elliott are two others to have mounted plenty of such raids.

I don't know much about him, Chef, but there are a few Irish trainers doing well out of targeting little races in Scotland and the north of England. They are doing it with horses who wouldn't be normally be up to winning similar races in Ireland.

Jimmy Lambe and Gordon Elliott are two others to have mounted plenty of such raids.

I noticed Jimmy Lambe and Gordon Elliot many years ago but unfortunately so have the bookies now - Looks like Mr Crawford is slipping under the radar for now.

Trains out of Larne, Co Antrim. What do our Irish friends know about this trainer?

He's doing really well when he brings his horses over with a 33% strike-rate in bumbers 45% this season with 5wins and 5thirds from 11 runners.
Also a 46.5% place rate in all hurdle and bumber races in the last 5 seasons.

His runner in the first at Catterick travelled really well and he has two more there today at double-figure odds.

His sons are both amateur jockeys Ben and Stuart Jnr (I think)- he mostly trains pointers and young horses and does a bit of sales prep and breeding. His son writes an article in the Irish Field every week - its basically about what they are up to in the yard etc.... i will keep you briefed Chef!!!!:cool:

His sons are both amateur jockeys Ben and Stuart Jnr (I think)- he mostly trains pointers and young horses and does a bit of sales prep and breeding. His son writes an article in the Irish Field every week - its basically about what they are up to in the yard etc.... i will keep you briefed Chef!!!!:cool:
Don't think it's the father that holds the licence - it's Stuart and 3 brothers who run the outfit, as far as I'm aware.

Wish I hadn't seen this thread ;)

Would keep an eye out for Roy Wilson's Ayr runners too Swedish Chef - has a decent strike rate up there.

Think one of the lads (Stephen) used to ride a bit on the flat for Jamie Osborne as well as over the jumps for Twiston Davies.

Lambe has pretty much stopped bringing horses to UK and Gordon will only do it now for the bigger meetings and where he can fill a lorry. It's just not economic.

It's just not economic.

Indeed. I don't think it ever was economic, but it must be even less so now with the drop in prize money. I think that some owners, especially syndicates who would be sharing the cost, were happy to go over if they could win some kind of race and have some crack afterwards rather than be also rans at an Irish meeting.

Back