Triumph Hurdle

Stay well clear of the triumph, I've learned the hard way. Very often something comes out of nowhere and hacks up. The nature of these young horses is that they are very volatile. Volitility = Big priced winners.

Disagree. I have a very good record in the race!

I also - a very average Cheltenham record no-one would want as their own, but I've had 3 of the last 4 winners but this year have not a clue.

I saw you posting about him on another forum GH but in situations like this with the Pipe's you never know the intended target until last decs, which makes antepost betting a minefield.

I think Alaivan produced a very, very smart performance Saturday, and has unmuddied the Triumph picture a little for me. 6/1 looks more than fair, and it's hard to see him out of the top 3.

King's horse seems priced up completely on his trainer's record in previous years in the Triumph.

What do folk make of Secant Star?

I think Pittoni is a long way short of the other three you named Chroniclandlord. Alaivan looks the real deal - my worry would be faster ground.

Secant Star oozes classes but is pretty short for what he has done.

I saw you posting about him on another forum GH but in situations like this with the Pipe's you never know the intended target until last decs, which makes antepost betting a minefield.

Im not sure that applies so much this year with Sunderlands pulling the plug on the Imperial Cup and Cheltenham double.

Ground has to be a major worry for Alaivan tomorrow and it sings things in favour of Carlito Brigante for me.

Ground has to be a major worry for Alaivan tomorrow and it sings things in favour of Carlito Brigante for me.

Wouldnt the finishing position of Orsippus be another pointer to Carlito Brigante, it would suggest he has around 8L in hand of Sanctuaire, which is a bit dubious given the difference between Musselburgh and Cheltenham but still its a boost to CB's form, now all he has to do is handle Cheltenham!

Barwell Bridge interests me at a price tomorrow - might not win the race but certainly an each-way prospect given how he's been staying on on flat tracks over 2m. Plenty of flat breds like Alaivan, Advisor etc. toward the head of the market and there has to be doubts about them coming up the hill - 33/1 looks far too big about him.

Problem is how much ground will he lose when Murphy predictably races on the wide outside like he has everything else this week.

Westlin Winds would have a squeak

This is somewhat a guessing game regarding who will handle the ground.

I still like Soldatino (backed him at 12/13s) and I think i remember Henderson saying he hadn't even done a proper gallop at the yard prior to his win at Kempton.

Olofi seems to be a mover this morning (pricewise) based on his form seeming better on good. Anyone with any knowledge of the sire?

Carlito Brigante has to be the one with most solid claims. Guaranteed to like the quick ground and should relish the hill.

Pittoni being very well backed.

Alaivan looks a little friendless - the other 2 O'Grady horses with big chances haven't run well this week (this could be ground related as it could be for Alaivan).

So close yet so far for Tom O'Brien and Evan Williams.

Top stuff from Nicky Henderson's horse though - great effort to run him down.

Back