True tales from the betting ring.

Simon re your article on the Newbury Totesport meeting in the March issue of Racing Ahead, the photo accompanying the article and captioned " No joy on Ruby Walsh's face after Al Ferof's ( the horse which won the first race)victory" is not really relevant given Ruby wasn't race riding at that time and is obviously an old photo.

Have a word in the person responsible's earhole :whistle:

Hi Diamond Geezer, I have no control over that photo or the caption, though the one of the bookies was taken by me on the day. It is a bit of a glaring one though, would be best to email the magazine and point that out. There were one or two 'typos' in the text too, we all have off days I'm assuming the editor did too.

Here's a trip down memory lane, Cheltenham 2003 where the big hitters did battle with the bookies, and won. http://wp.me/p1dLbd-1y

Whats the link you've put up there fella with sam turner on,i don't look at these sites etc but i do know him,wonder what he's doing with himself nowadays.

No racing today but I found reading your articles well worth the time spent Simon...thanks for taking the time to post. I'd forgotten what it was like being right there in the thick of things on a cold winters day which is about the only think I really miss since moving to Asia. Cheers!!!

Back