Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
They're trapping like greyhounds today:

9.20 (BBC2) The Bishop's Wife
10.10 (C4) White Christmas
11.35 (BBC1) The Wrong Trousers
1.00 (C5) Harvey
3.15 (BBC1) Toy Story

Every one a belter (although not necessarily Christmassy). Fortunately I have them all on DVD so can pick and choose when I watch them.

I think it goes downhill from here, though, apart from It's A Wonderful Life tomorrow.

Don't do TV, but it's Harvey and It's A Wonderful Life for me over the festive period. :)

The young barmaid at the local has never seen It's A Wonderful Life, so I bought it for her to watch tomorrow. I used to kiss the girls and make em cry, now I just buy them Jimmy Stewart DVD's. :)

Last edited:
What's Harvey? Not heard of that one. The muppets Christmas carol is on again today I think, have set it to record and fully intend singing one more sleep till Christmas ALL day at work (the more I annoy, the higher the chance of being allowed to leave early ;) ) tho I'm on call for the next week so there's not much point!!)

Harvey isn't a Christmas film but it's a must see.

James Stewart is Elwood P Dowd, a rich man who has opted for escape into alcoholism which allows him to befriend a 6-ft ("6-ft 3-and-a-half-inches, to be exact") white rabbit called Harvey who accompanies him everywhere.

It's a truly fabulous film, a compelling blend of madcap theatre, not-so-innocent humour and heartwarming humanity.

Last edited:
They're trapping like greyhounds today:

9.20 (BBC2) The Bishop's Wife
10.10 (C4) White Christmas
11.35 (BBC1) The Wrong Trousers
1.00 (C5) Harvey
3.15 (BBC1) Toy Story

Every one a belter (although not necessarily Christmassy). Fortunately I have them all on DVD so can pick and choose when I watch them.

I think it goes downhill from here, though, apart from It's A Wonderful Life tomorrow.

The legendary Alastair Sim Scrooge is on later ! I know every line of that film ! Just hope Channel 5 are not showing the nasty colourised version !

I love James Stewart in How the Wast was Won [even though he was really too old to play the romantic lead].

Back