TV coverage of Arc in France

betsmate

At the Start
I'm going to be in France this weekend, but frustratingly not in (or near Paris). Any idea how I'll be able to watch the racing?

- Will it be on French Terrestrial?
- There is a possibility I will be able to get BBC1, but doubtful about the red button
- In a PMU cafe?

Or am I worrying unnecessarily and coverage will be as omnipresent as our Grand National?

The ideal would be a bar with coverage of all races!

Cheers

BM, one thing I can tell you is that getting any coverage over the internet will be a struggle. You can't stream anything outside of the UK generally, including TV catchup which would allow you to get BBC coverage. RUK and ATR don't stream to France either.

Think it's TV5 or Canal+ that do most of the sports over there, it's the biggest race in the calendar so imagine one of those would show it.

Failing that a PMU Bar will surely have Equidia so could check out one of those.

Martin

The Arc should be on terrestrial tv, but not the other races, so you will need to find a pmu outlet. There used to be a network of pmu betting shops, with wall to wall screens and coverage of all the day's meetings, with one or two in each of the major towns, but I can find no reference to them on their site and maybe they closed them all.

http://www.pmu-locator.com/

If you put in the full address of where you're staying, this link will find the nearest PMU outlet. Most of them are just normal cafes, though, with one screen tucked away in the corner, so it might be best to check it out in advance to see if it passes muster.

By the way, it is a nice example of why I hate most French websites. It doesn't let you do a more general search, you have to know exactly what you are looking for before you start. The thinking is completely linear, with no opportunity to change your specification in the light of what else might be available.

Last edited:
That's super. Thanks Grey.

I'll be in Le Cheval Rouge restaurant most of Sunday. Cheers.

I'm going to be in France this weekend, but frustratingly not in (or near Paris). Any idea how I'll be able to watch the racing?

- Will it be on French Terrestrial?
- There is a possibility I will be able to get BBC1, but doubtful about the red button
- In a PMU cafe?

Or am I worrying unnecessarily and coverage will be as omnipresent as our Grand National?

The ideal would be a bar with coverage of all races!

Cheers

http://maps.google.fr/ type PMU then click on search - you should get over 3,000 bars in France with PMU

Last edited:
Back