Twist Magic 27/12/2008

Arial_Ortega

At the Start
My final punt of the year will hopefully make it 4 from 4 since joining talking horses in October. Champ on Board and thought he was going oh so well agaisnt the highest rated chaser in the land until falling 2 out.

2-1 is a serious value bet (bet365) IMO and will take a piece of that. Can see it being a fair bit shorter tomorrow.

I think Ashley Brook will spoil it for Petit Robin...couldn't support Twist with much confidence..likely to put in a mistake a some point

Takeroc gets my few bob today

I have heavily laid Twist Magic. The horse finds little for pressure and I don't think he would have shaken up Master Minded last time. For me I had to lay at 2/1 and he's never gone well at Kempton before.

His win at Kempton was a poor race but he runs very well at Sandown and that track is quite similar. I can`t see the value in laying him really.

agree it was an easy when he won but I can't see why the course would be a problem for laying him...I just think he is far to quirky to be taking a short one on ..will get beat imo

Sandown and Kempton are not similar.

Sandown is a stiff finish and it's fences are inviting. At Kempton they come very quick on you and at Kempton the course always feels its turning on you making you have to keep on your right lead for much of the race, horses which make mistakes there very rarely recover, something which will be Twist Magic's undoing. Sandown suits horses who stay well and gallop, at Kempton you need raw speed, something I'm not convinced Twist Magic has.

They`re both right handed and flat. I think punters can be a little bit anal with all the little differences between tracks.

I dont think they are similar, but Twist Magic is all speed to me and a flat track like Kempton should suit him well much like the speedy Punchestown course.

I think he will be hard to beat though I think Ashley Brook will run a big race today.

Twist Magic was very unkeen at the start and ran a sulky mood. Dont think it had anything to do with the track but good call Flame.

Neither TM or the other Nicholls horse did anything for the Master Minded form.

Not sure that track had nothing to do with it. As stated Kempton's fences come quick and if you make mistakes you will struggle. A point i made about Twist Magic. he made mistakes early and could never really go continually on the wrong leg and jumping poorly. I would say that had a lot to do with the track.

I would say his mistakes have far more to do with the horses mood. Looked as if he was not going to jump off on two occasions.

He's done that before though, and is always been a bit of a sulky horse. You say he didn't look like jumping off but when the tape went up and the others cantered he was keen on the bit with McCoy. If he didn't want to go full stop he wouldn't have even got into that canter.

I got that one completely wrong with hindsight when looking how he never runs 2 races the same it was a shocking call.

Looked very reluctant to start, didn't he? Maybe he remembered that fall at Sandown, and didn't want to go through that again...

Christ he looked good there. Highest rated squiggle merchant in training now I suppose.

7/2 a stunning price in hindsight given his record at the track and the favourite having run at Cheltenham and Aintree. Shame i`ve spent most of the morning reading the flat form.:mad::blink:

Back