Twist Magic 27/12/2008

I can see why he has got a reputation for being moody but personally I do not think he is moody, I believe something has been genuinely troubling him. Knew he was right today, he did not try to lay down when Ruby got on him, his head did not shoot up etc. They have said he has had trouble with his feet which they sorted, so perhaps it was just that he was in some discomfort and is not now. He jumped well, and enjoyed himself. Was really grand to see him back again. :)

I backed him today. Thought he looked very well in the parade ring and had a relatively easy season. Although if Kalahari jumped a fence he would have won. Novice going into better grade for first time.....needed the experience but plugged away at it. Was listening to Lee afterwards and I think he would be bullish about next year after that. Said he came off the first bend wrong (it's hardly even a bend) and met the first wrng and it all went wrong after that.

I like Kalahari a lot too, was sad to see him blunder, think he had a great chance today. But as you say, is something to look forward to next season.

Back