Twist Magic

No idea, but injured horses often get up and run on adrenaline. Probably a case of that here. Either that or he collided with Deep Purple and was injured that way.

twist1.jpg

That was a grand day for him and all connections, his second win in the race of course.

He put in a fine display at Ascot in The Victor Chandler Chase too, he and Ruby galloped them silly.

A character for sure, and he hated Cheltenham, but he won over half a million in prize money and gave lots of us some wonderful days out.

I was gutted when I saw this news, especially having seen a glimpse of him on RUK get up after the fall so assumed he was okay. He was my absolute favourite horse, I've followed him since he joined Paul Nicholls as a novice hurdler. A lovely quirky talented horse, one of the characters of NH racing, and a joy to watch when bowling along at Sandown.

Condolences to his owners and to all at Ditcheat.

Terrible news, he was always such a character and will be sadly missed.

Condolences to all connections.

RIP Twist Magic

Thanks for that, Uncle G. Horrendous news, which I've only just found out. Five Group 1s and a total pisser when going so easily. Is that lass the one who was hoping to take him over when he retired? There will be an awful lot of tears shed for him, I'm sure.

Last edited:
You can just imagine how gut wrenching it must be for her to walk in to that yard this morning & see an empty box:(

Really distressing news. And some idiot sub-editor at The Independent thought it appropriate to come up with a crass headline about 'a bitter twist'.

Twitter is limited to only a few words and after tweeting about the death of Twist yesterday Paul returned to Ditcheat and created a tribute to him on his website.

It's nice for his owners and those who looked after him to be able to read what fans felt about Twist, doesn't bring him back of course, but at least proves that he was appreciated by people and not just written off because of his mercurial nature making him a risky betting prospect.

His owners absolutely adored him and they are all trying to come to terms with losing him.

http://www.paulnichollsracing.com/twist-magic-memories.htm

Really distressing news. And some idiot sub-editor at The Independent thought it appropriate to come up with a crass headline about 'a bitter twist'.

Why is it crass and inappropriate.If you owned or were close to the horse does it make the pain better or worse.

Back