UK All Weather

• Thread starter Thread starter TheActuary
  • Start date Start date
All Weather Horse Racing

Ottoman Empire didnt win in the fashion I was expecting but the win came as a welcome relief. Looking at the times of the earlier results started to concern me but finished with a bang giving me confidence that the track might be more normal tomorrow.

As speculative as betting in Class 6 2yo Claimers is, I like Lochbroom Sunset 8.05 10-1 on the tissue not so sure that will be available

Rose Row 8.35 looks an outstanding bet at 6-1 with slight reservations about the trip but a gamble I am prepared to make.

If all goes well with the first two I may be tempted once again by Ugenuis 9.05 10-1 but more as an E.W. proposition

Good Luck

Well done with Rose Row - Lochbroom Sunset was a gamble too (probably Veitch multiples as Williams had had a couple win/place earlier today)

All Weather Horse Racing

I would like to thank you for paying for my weekend

Lets hope you can go for a week with these!!!

Weet A Suprise 6.10 looks well placed but slight reservation about the draw. Could do with a couple of non-runners lower down to frank its selection.

Really like Jadalee 6.40 and dissapointed that could not get a better price earlier.

Speculative a gain when will I learn but nothing wrong with Sejanus 7.40 last run on AW but only at an EW price which looks unlikely.

All Weather Horse Racing

Two very good calls, a winner at any price is better than an looser at a high price. Yahoo

Have you got enough for the week yet?

Giving everthing a wide birth until the 7.20 Miss Minnies very impressive 3 days ago at Kempton. On my ratings the proximity of This Ones For Eddy worries me slightly. I am not one for exotic bets but possible D\F

If I was looking for an EW outsider on the card Apache Fort 7.50 fits the bill

As always Best of Luck

All Weather Horse Racing

Nothing that tempts me tomorrow at Kempton which is a pity after the poor results at Wolverhampton on Saturday.

If there was a competition for the oddity of the evening it would have to go to MyMateEric still a Maiden after 15 starts goes from 11f to 16f watch the betting Jockey\Trainer 22

As always Best of Luck

All Weather Horse Racing

Interesting card at Wolvs tomorrow with some very trappy races.

Having been dissapointed with my top rated Snowberry Hill to many times I am looking to take it on with Debdene Bank 6:10

Worth A King'S 7:10 ran a cracker 12 days ago at Kempton when beaten 3.5 lengths is favoured over Air Maze

Fillys Maidens are reknown for turning up odd results but can not see past Expressive 8:10 already tested over course and distance.

If Demeanour is a decent EW price may be worth a play in the 9:10

Buena suerte mis amigos

All Weather Horse Racing

Dont usual play 2 in a race but I Confess 7.50 coming back to his favoured trip carries my money. I also think that Glenridding has been cleverly placed to be in the money. Hard to tell what capability Richelieu has!

Much to like about Resplendent Ace 8.50 in this company. The gamble is whether the jockey is instructed to make good use of him early over this shorter trip.

Would be interesting to know what the intentions are with First Blade 6.50 stepping up 2f after a excellent win over 5f.

Buena suerte

The way the 8.20 has cut up Espero looks a very tempting bet. It would be foolish to ignore J.Gosden and if prices allow you to Dutch surely the winner will be one of the two!

Good Luck

All Weather Horse Racing

Rather move on than dwell on tonight!!

and its bl**dy Wolverhampton again tomorrow.

I like form where the winner of a race can strike the front 2f out and hold of all challenges. Obe Brave fits the bill in the 6.20 but would expect different tactics over this shorter trip.

The Last Don 6.50 should have no problem against his three rivals.

I may have to eat my word after the race but feel really strongly that Highland Love and Smooth As Silk ratings from their LTO over C&D is far superior to anything else in the race. Problem is I cant seperate them. The later having the better of the draw but will take them both.

Be Lucky

All Weather Horse Racing

Having eaten my words regarding the Saturdays 9.20 Wolvs (still scratching my head over it) I am relieved that its Kempton and not Wolvs today.

Not a fantastic card for me but a few I am interested in.

4.00 Little to pick between the two favourites Ottoman Empire
and Tinaar I strongly believe they will fight out the finish. Short prices so little value but poss D/F

4.30 Thought I would bring to your attention a major hike in trip for Reel Hope!!

5.30 Might try and steal some coppers on Bomber Command has to be in the frame if an EW price is available.

Best of Luck

All Weather Horse Racing

Recent results have not been very favourable with short priced winners and bigger priced selection always finding one to good starts to weigh heavy but with as much conviction as I can muster

5:50 Rapanui Belle still a maiden and well exposed but surely the maiden tag is lost here. If the unknown quantity in the race Looby Loo is the right price may be worth a saver to redeeem your stake.

Some highly rated horses on the card Formula, Shakalaka and Ghufa take the eye on their LTO performances but of these Ghufa has the most appeal for me. It would come as no suprised if Mista Rossa ran close at a big price after a poor performance over 2 miles.

Good Luck

All Weather Horse Racing

A little light at the end of my tunnel and some profit with Mista Rossa today but a lot shorter than in the over night tissue (14-1)

Another tempting Maiden to start the card and if the 8-1 tissue is correct Layer Cake after is LTO effort beaten 2l is good value for me and the form has been franked.

Really like the look of Filun in the 7:00 and choose to ignore the recent turf form. Medieval Maiden would be my big priced EW.

Rainsborough coming back 1f in the 8.00 looks good value at 8-1

Be Lucky

I quite like the look of Imperium on the All Weather at Kempton tomorrow night in the 7.00.

A winner at Kempton & over the trip, he is back on the A/W surface where he has run his best races of late. His win came off a mark of 55 and he followed that up with placed efforts off of marks of 61 & 60, twice, off 57 in this contest. Disappointing on his recent turf starts, my hope is the return to Kempton will perk him up. Reunited with Dane O'Neil who has won on him before and although drawn 1, is a horse that will be covered up in the early part of the race.

Plenty of average types in the race, but I'd have half an eye on Tuppenny Piece in the market, after it's decent run last time.

Last edited:
While I appreciate anyone making the effort to post selections, this random thread is really just an exercise in self publicity isn't it? It's pointless putting up selections at mythical overnight tissue prices, especially if you tip a horse as each way value at a "big price" and then happily include it as a winning selection when it wins at 5/1. Comments about Rapanui Belle and Rainsborough above are nothing short of embarrassing. Sorry to rain on your parade TheActuary, but perhaps you can put up your own tissues for certain races (or at least some staking) in order to convince us you aren't just a guesser!

The 8.30 Kempton is an interesting contest. Plenty of course form between the 7 runners and all have claims in this competitive race.

Musleh impressed me winning over CD twice and raced wide from a poor draw last time when favourite for a very competitive mile handicap.

Stoic comes to the race having beaten Fanunalter at Sandown. Fanunalter was previously a winner at Kempton, beating a stablemate of Musleh, Dhaawiah, impressively. Difficult to compare horses from different races, but trying to tie all that form together, I wouldn't put Stoic far, if indeed at all, behind Musleh. AW debut for Stoic and stable in decent enough form.

Wajaha was an easy winner over CD off of 83 and has since been upped in class to race behind Fantasia & at Royal Ascot without distinction. Back in handicap company but I wouldn't be backing her to bounce back.

Hunterveiw is blinkered for the first time but owes much of it's high handicap mark to a bloodless success at Southwell, I'd be surprised and disappointed if this one was good enough.

Elliptical returns to a trip that will suit better than the 7f last time and is from a stable (and jockey) in form. May well be high enough in the handicap, but if Musleh dictates from the front I don't think Elliptical will be far away and may outstay the others up the Kempton straight.

Penitent has a good run behind Khor Dubai (stablemate of Musleh) to her credit, a horse who went on to run well behind Gitano Hernando. Only raced 3 times and with improvement likely, a 2lb hike for the run last time doesn't look harsh.

Macs Power runs well here (but has only had 2 runs away from here too!) and has form that ties in with many of the others, including when behind Penitent. A cosy win last time will give backers encouragement, but I think there will be 1 or 2 in front of him come the winning line.

Tricky race and unravelling the form is tough enough in itself! Paddy Power price it up as follows:

Pentient 10/3
Stoic 10/3
Musleh 4/1
Elliptical 9/2
Macs Power 6/1
Wajaha 11/1
Hunterview 11/1.

Macs Power is too short for me at 6/1, interesting that Wajaha is 11/1 when prices from 8/1-10.5/1 have been traded on Betfair already (to small amounts). If there were 8 runners I'd be very keen on Elliptical e/w, but as there aren't I'd probably back it to win at 9/2 or better and have a saver on Stoic.

The 8.30 Kempton is an interesting contest. Plenty of course form between the 7 runners and all have claims in this competitive race.

Musleh impressed me winning over CD twice and raced wide from a poor draw last time when favourite for a very competitive mile handicap.

Stoic comes to the race having beaten Fanunalter at Sandown. Fanunalter was previously a winner at Kempton, beating a stablemate of Musleh, Dhaawiah, impressively. Difficult to compare horses from different races, but trying to tie all that form together, I wouldn't put Stoic far, if indeed at all, behind Musleh. AW debut for Stoic and stable in decent enough form.

Wajaha was an easy winner over CD off of 83 and has since been upped in class to race behind Fantasia & at Royal Ascot without distinction. Back in handicap company but I wouldn't be backing her to bounce back.

Hunterveiw is blinkered for the first time but owes much of it's high handicap mark to a bloodless success at Southwell, I'd be surprised and disappointed if this one was good enough.

Elliptical returns to a trip that will suit better than the 7f last time and is from a stable (and jockey) in form. May well be high enough in the handicap, but if Musleh dictates from the front I don't think Elliptical will be far away and may outstay the others up the Kempton straight.

Penitent has a good run behind Khor Dubai (stablemate of Musleh) to her credit, a horse who went on to run well behind Gitano Hernando. Only raced 3 times and with improvement likely, a 2lb hike for the run last time doesn't look harsh.

Macs Power runs well here (but has only had 2 runs away from here too!) and has form that ties in with many of the others, including when behind Penitent. A cosy win last time will give backers encouragement, but I think there will be 1 or 2 in front of him come the winning line.

Tricky race and unravelling the form is tough enough in itself! Paddy Power price it up as follows:

Pentient 10/3
Stoic 10/3
Musleh 4/1
Elliptical 9/2
Macs Power 6/1
Wajaha 11/1
Hunterview 11/1.

Macs Power is too short for me at 6/1, interesting that Wajaha is 11/1 when prices from 8/1-10.5/1 have been traded on Betfair already (to small amounts). If there were 8 runners I'd be very keen on Elliptical e/w, but as there aren't I'd probably back it to win at 9/2 or better and have a saver on Stoic.
That's better.

I'm quite keen on Musleh in this event, I've backed Elliptical the last twice and he's a very game and consistent animal but I can see Dettori bagging the lead on Musleh and dictating things quite easily from the front. I also like to see some course form on the all-weather and Musleh has buckets of the stuff.

Last night at Kempton in the four races I saw, not a huge amount of runners came from the rear, except in the nursery when they went off like scalded cats so I expect front runners to be slightly favoured here. It really depends who gets to the front first, Musleh or Elliptical but I'd always side with Dettori in a front running duel.

A good race in the end where even the judge couldn't split two of them! Happy to have got a share of the spoils with Stoic, as when they passed the line I thougth he had been beaten. Not a majorly successful race, but a place lay of macs Power at 5/2 for 2 places helped.

Unfortunately Imperium in the 7.00 looked a light of former days...

All Weather Horse Racing

While I appreciate anyone making the effort to post selections, this random thread is really just an exercise in self publicity isn't it? It's pointless putting up selections at mythical overnight tissue prices, especially if you tip a horse as each way value at a "big price" and then happily include it as a winning selection when it wins at 5/1. Comments about Rapanui Belle and Rainsborough above are nothing short of embarrassing. Sorry to rain on your parade TheActuary, but perhaps you can put up your own tissues for certain races (or at least some staking) in order to convince us you aren't just a guesser!

Unable to post over the last couple of days as the site appeared to have used its babndwidth!!

Rory, I think if you look at my past results either posted or on my bl*g you will see I make a regular profit. Self publicity YES 100% I am proud of what I can do and I am willing to share it for free BUT not here. Enjoy your Forum

Well I have to say, that you made me some money as I pointed out before. I tended to back your higher priced tips, some came in some did'nt but that is a chance that you take with a bet

Back