Un de Sceaux

sunybay

At the Start
He runs at Autiel this saturday

amazing he has not been given his chance over hurdles by Mullins

it should be a surreal situation when Ruby tells Willie where the horse is running and the later is phoning the owner.

Ruby would be much the best guide to a horse's ability and preferences - exactly the same as he was at Ditcheat.

Ruby would be much the best guide to a horse's ability and preferences - exactly the same as he was at Ditcheat.

Ruby would be much the best guide to Rubys preferences.

I rate highly mullins but if were the owner of the horse he would not be train where he is.

Look at Hurricane flys career, he was straight into Grade 1's, Mullins knows when he has a good one and based on how he's campaigning UDS he mustn't think he's up to it.

Look at Hurricane flys career, he was straight into Grade 1's, Mullins knows when he has a good one and based on how he's campaigning UDS he mustn't think he's up to it.

Wasn't Thousand Stars the only 'Grade 1' in the yard when the Fly came along?

I think the presence of the Fly - several Grade 1s per season in the bank and as strong a challenger for the Cheltenham race as you'll get - allowed him to take things slower or go down different routes with the others.

Wasn't Thousand Stars the only 'Grade 1' in the yard when the Fly came along?

I think the presence of the Fly - several Grade 1s per season in the bank and as strong a challenger for the Cheltenham race as you'll get - allowed him to take things slower or go down different routes with the others.

Thousand Stars didn't win a Grade 1 until June 2011 - Hurricane Fly had won nine times at the highest-level by that stage (including novices).

It was less a case of HF allowing Mullins to go down different routes with other horses, and more a case of him having to, because he knew they had no hope of beating him. That goes for every hurdler he's had from Cousin Vinny all the way through to Annie Power and UDS.

Ruby said in his column in today's Irish EXaminer that he is going to try and go much slower then usual.I can see him being available to lay at under 1.7 on Betfair.If he wins I might go in to work for the afternoon.

they have to try that really, or he probably won't last home based on his last run.

whether the horse will oblige.......

tanks the whole way round, gives up plenty of ground at the bends and still won going away.

not sure gemix turned up though.

Last edited:
Better form today
Good ride Ruby

A disgrace this horse is not allowed to run in the best races, he is better than the champion hurdle field

Last edited:
Having a 3 year old hit you with plastic golf clubs because he wants to watch Peppa Pig while you have a serious lay isn't the most enjoyable experience.

Ruby really is a master horsemen. Much more impressive today but the form in behind looks suspect.

I think you'll get your wish next year Suny but he might turn up in the Barka this season as suggested previously. I reckon they're looking for a swansong performance from HF at Punchestown, shame its not at Leopardstown as I think he'd win there comfortably.

The form is not suspect today for me
He run to 164p, solid form, considering I think he is a better horse over 2 miles ridden more agressively,
Top horse.

Back