Unassuming lads

Cantoris

At the Start
While everyone was focusing on a very good first win for Joseph O'Brien this evening, the interview by Gary O'Brien afterwards was pure class. The young lad is clearly a shy character like his father but I nearly fell off my chair laughing when Gary commented that his parents were both good jocks to which Aidan was quick to point out Anne-Marie was a good one but he wasn't sure about himself!!

I must say, I enjoyed watching Aidan O'Brien riding in his younger days. A great clock in his head. Looks like his son is going to do well too, although given his size he's going to have to work very hard on his weight in time.

Nice evening for the family O'Brien. I think Aidan might need a couple of bumper horses for next season, mind.

Certainly looked very strong at the end and showed no signs of tiredness etc as can often be the case with some of these young lads. Looks a rider of substance but very much will have to make hay while the sun shines as his weight and height will soon rule him out of flat races.

Certainly beats ATR interviewing Tom Dascombe's lad this afternoon with a caption along the lines of "James Fanshawe's Son".

Hopefully O'Brien Jnr can kick on from this :)

Delighted for Joseph ..he must be over the moon after that victory.surely great celebrations at home tonight ...well done.. he will never forget his first winner.

Could see Joseph in lots of handicaps over the summer when school is out.

The media had better enjoy O'Brien Sr while he's still Ireland's leading trainer. He seems as extrovert as Jimmy Saville compared with his son!

Back