Up And Coming Jockey

Kevin Tobin highlighted in the Racing Post's jockeys to follow in 2008 today, pictured on the cover in the colours of our partnership's horse, after he won on it last Feb.

Is he related to J O Tobin? (One for the older members)

Actually, judging by his photo in today's Post it looks like he's related to Chris Grant - separated at birth?

Can't remember many others, Henry De Bromhead was one, Tony Ennis was another, Kirsty Milcazerek (sp?!) another and for reasons best known to the person who compiled the list, Tom Doyle was in it too :what:

I applaud anyone who can spell Milczarek correctly (forever get it wrong myself).
She has impressed recently and be interesting to see how she gets on this season.

Ryan Moore was on it as well as Josh Apiafi,David Lanigan (former assistant to Henry Cecil) and the new sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe.

Would have had Tom Dascombe on it myself,a trainer well worth following.

Originally posted by Steve T@Dec 31 2007, 05:41 PM
Kevin Tobin highlighted in the Racing Post's jockeys to follow in 2008 today, pictured on the cover in the colours of our partnership's horse, after he won on it last Feb.
The partnership reunite tomorrow at Folkestone in the 3.35 with a certain Bay Hawk in opposition...

Which horse is yours, Steve? I am still not 100% I can go as I am meant to be up in North Yorkshire on business! :brows: I'll be doing my very best to make sure I can get there (may have to call in a few favours), even if it's just to see the race and then disappear again. shrug::

Steve, I may have a couple of spare badges if you need any extras.

Ooops, how could I have forgotten Josh, Arkers?! He'll certainly be someone to follow this year; he is dynamic, enthusiastic and has big, big ideas for the JAGB (about to be renamed).

It looks like Mr Gollings certainly likes young Tobin. Has given him plenty of rides and was even going to let him loose on Royal Shakespeare only for the meeting to be abandoned.

Great to see Bay Hawk back in the money. RP report offers some reason for optimism too:

Bay Hawk is still a novice over jumps, but he was a winner on the Flat and ran well enough here to suggest he will win a small race over jumps before too long.

Soft ground too - opens up a few extra possibilities?

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Jan 2 2008, 03:49 PM
Bay Hawk does Kathy proud with second place.

Congrats, Kathy.
Good run Kathy, a sure fire future winner, probably on bit better ground. Was pleased enough with It's Rumoured and Kevin Tobin, first horse under pressure and stayed on well enough after making the running, heavy ground and dropping a pound or two will see him return to winning ways....hopefully! I'm sure if we could add a speedo to the horse we'd find he was travellling at the same speed at the end as at the begining of the race.

Thanks, Steve. Fingers crossed your lad continues to improve. He is a nice looking horse.

I saw your trainer today. He is such a gentleman. I enquired about a lift home for the new mare Brendan purchased today at Folkestone as Brendan's box was full - but someone else had already stepped in to assist.

Kirsty Mil is a very good jock, round Wolves and Kempton especially - I always look twice at anything she's riding round those two tracks, see her as an asset to any horse. Longer odds than the chance too as lots of men won't back a woman let alone put them up!

With all the talk about rain, wind and weather for the week ahead I'm so anxious that the meeting goes ahead... Plumpton tomorrow that is!

It's Rumoured takes his chance in the 4pm race and if he can recapture the form of his Plumpton win last Feb (all the rain, rain and a bit more rain will help....) he'll have a chance tomorrow, seems to be a fair amount of poor performers in the race and I wouldn't be steaming into the favourite either, fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Steve T@Mar 9 2008, 08:13 PM
With all the talk about rain, wind and weather for the week ahead I'm so anxious that the meeting goes ahead... Plumpton tomorrow that is!

It's Rumoured takes his chance in the 4pm race and if he can recapture the form of his Plumpton win last Feb (all the rain, rain and a bit more rain will help....) he'll have a chance tomorrow, seems to be a fair amount of poor performers in the race and I wouldn't be steaming into the favourite either, fingers crossed.
That's the sort of insight that'll stand me in good stead for Cheltenham as the favourite wins, hard held, by 27 lengths! Good ride by Kevin in 2nd though.

Back