Value At Other Meetings

Gamla Stan

At the Start
Whilst I love Ascot more than any other festival, I'm always keen to shop around at the other meetings for value as I reckon compilers take their eye of the ball at big festivals. I tend to have more bets on the all-weather in Cheltenham week (cue abuse...). Yesterday I found some value at Thirsk and I think there's a decent bet at Hamilton this afternoon...

As some of you know, I used to own Brut, the David Barker sprinter. He developed a love for Hamilton last year winning there four times and David is pretty shrewd with his campaigning (i.e. running him in races that doesn't suit his front running style to get his handicap mark down). However, today's conditions in the 4.35 Hamilton should suit. He loves dominating small fields with his front-running style, particularly at tracks like Hamilton. He won this race last year and whilst he has a big weight to carry, he looks a fantastic bet at the current 8/1 to win, 6/4 to place on Betfair.

While I'm at it, Digit in the first race at Hamilton got a very "interesting" ride last time out at Pontefract and if it's put in the race then 42s could be big. Smart tends to send some decent types to Hamilton and Musselburgh but this one could be better off in handicaps...

If connections back him it'll be in the final 15 minutes so I wouldn't worry about the drift too much. However, I'm livid! :laughing:

Back