Voy Por Ustedes

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I was never that impressed with this animal over 2 Miles but I think the step up in trip has seen a huge improvement in his form. Thank god we have a Grade 1 over two and half miles or so now at the Festival.

I think a few of us are on at 9/2 and 5s. Happy days.

Jumped really well just hope the proper tidal bay turns up at cheltenham. And as you say the 2 and a half deserves a championship race.

Tidal bay simply does not jump well enough to beat any proper chasers like voy por or masterminded etc

Tidal bay simply does not jump well enough to beat any proper chasers like voy por or masterminded etc

I know he never beat much in the arkle last year, but he has won 1 and came 2nd in the ballymore so he deserves respect over course. Plenty people last year said he had no chance of winning the arkle because of his jumping.

I was never that impressed with this animal over 2 Miles but I think the step up in trip has seen a huge improvement in his form.

Surely he just had to run up to his mark to win today, Euro?

Granted, Gwanako may be improving but, as long as he handled ground the ground, I fail to see how it constituted a huge improvement.

That's not to say that he wasn't hugely impressive (particularly his jumping). Will be tough to beat in the Ryanair.

Poor Grade 1 but I was really impressed with him today. To my eye he never looked happy in the King George....for a two miler he did not travel as fluently as I would have liked. Thought he was much more enthusiastic today and I think he would get 3 miles fine if in good form.

Looks very good for the Ryanair.

Voy Por Ustedes was very impressive today - he was tanking along throughout the race and jumping like a buck. Ryanair has to be his for the taking.

I just hope that the commentators and pundits spend the next few weeks actually learning how to pronounce his bloody name properly.

Will I be hung, drawn and quartered if I namedrop? I felt compelled to point out to Thommo that he pronounces the animal's name wrong on the morning of the King George. He seemed to b very grateful and asked me what the name meant - I told him and he scribbled it down on his paper - dunno whether or not he pronounced it properly though since I was working oncourse so didn't hear his presentation!

Will I be hung, drawn and quartered if I namedrop? I felt compelled to point out to Thommo that he pronounces the animal's name wrong on the morning of the King George. He seemed to b very grateful and asked me what the name meant - I told him and he scribbled it down on his paper - dunno whether or not he pronounced it properly though since I was working oncourse so didn't hear his presentation!
Did you tell him it meant "a hundred thousand welcomes" in Gaelic?

I'm glad those who called him "Voy Plod Uselessedes" saw the error of their ways before today's race. (Sorry Flame!) :p

That was you in the weighing room, was it? :confused:

I was in the weighing room on KG day but it wasn't there that I spoke to Thommo; we were seated opposite each other at the time.

Yup, I told him it means [literally translated] " I am going for you [polite version] ". The use of ustedes indicates the formal/polite use, although I am told that it is a saying/phrase taken from bullfighting.

I was in the weighing room on KG day but it wasn't there that I spoke to Thommo; we were seated opposite each other at the time.

Yup, I told him it means [literally translated] " I am going for you [polite version] ". The use of ustedes indicates the formal/polite use, although I am told that it is a saying/phrase taken from bullfighting.

Point of order Shadow Leader, im pretty sure Derek Thompson is a professional presenter, and im also pretty sure your not. Therefore im happy to go with his translation, literal meaning, Viper which is useless, or "Toothless Viper" for short.

Im also happy to go along with his translation of "Otto Des Pictons", which he has assured me means "Its a PHOTO", and that the horse was named after the owner had watched a seller at Southwell on a Tuesday afternoon, and had fallen in love with the game as a result. I believe it was a rousing finish, where one horse wanted it only slightly less than the other, and as they both hung left and right, it was a close finish, with Thommo rising the capacity crowd to their feet with a now trademark,goosepimpling "ITS A PHOTO"....although somehow the judge managed to do without a photo....and also reported the winning distance to be half a length.

I'm so sorry, Del boy - how could I be so dopey?!

I dont know.....i dont like showing you up on a public forum, but you were messing with a mans reputation as the top broadcaster in his field.....

(His field being the half acre he owns beside his house)...

Before the late lamented Not So Great Leighs closed he interviewed Scobie Coogan about Matsonosuke and Scobie pointed out that we'd all been pronouncing the horses name incorrectly,but I can't for the life of me remember what the correct pronounciation was so if anyone has a contact for Thommo so I can find out off him then I'd be very grateful,NOT!!!

Back