Voy Por Ustedes

Yup, I told him it means [literally translated] " I am going for you [polite version] ". The use of ustedes indicates the formal/polite use, although I am told that it is a saying/phrase taken from bullfighting.

Does "ustedes" not indicate that the "you" is plural as well. "Usted" would be singular, would it not?

I'm sure sunybay will set me straight.

I was in the weighing room on KG day but it wasn't there that I spoke to Thommo; we were seated opposite each other at the time.

Yup, I told him it means [literally translated] " I am going for you [polite version] ". The use of ustedes indicates the formal/polite use, although I am told that it is a saying/phrase taken from bullfighting.

Well I think I saw you in there. Thommo was also in there at the time (hence me presuming it was there you spoke to him) and then he came over to us and said Hello. He's a nice bloke, I like him, even if he can be a bit of a toss with his announcing sometimes.

Speaking of toss, how many mistakes did Aussie Jim make yesterday? He was all over the place.

He also said "Home for all money" at least once. Which always makes me want to put the tele through.

I was never that impressed with this animal over 2 Miles but I think the step up in trip has seen a huge improvement in his form. Thank god we have a Grade 1 over two and half miles or so now at the Festival.

I think a few of us are on at 9/2 and 5s. Happy days.

Congrats lads..go and collect:cool:

SteveM has been banging his drum for a while now.

I’ve backed VPU at 6s and 5s for the Ryanair. Considering he’s as low as 6/4 (with the Tote – 9/4 with Coral) now it looks like I’ve done the right thing with this one. If nothing else it frees me up to back something else against him on the day, as a saver. I’m feeling reasonably confident though.

…much less so about Denman who I had backed just as heavily at 2/1 and 7/4 and is now available at more than double the odds.

Kasbah Bliss was a welcome sight I’ve back him and Punchestowns for the World Hurdle (at around 7/2 and 6/1 respectively… so pretty hopeful here too.

We’ll see…

'Ingles' is the correct pronounciation, as is 'drever', according to both owner and trainer
as in INGuls DREEver (with a 'silent' g)

Back