Wednesday Action

Me thinkz Gareth's explanation to be the more likely though, (unless of course he uses 7 years in all his analysis of trends) in which case he's being consistent rather than selective

Originally posted by numbersix@Apr 16 2008, 12:09 PM

Again I would have to leave the Gosden runner alone in the Alex Scott Maiden purely due to stable form. It might hose up but how can you back a horse from his yard at present?
Oh dear, egg on face!! Don't worry it happens to us all from time to time :D
Who could ever have predicted a four up for Gosden today!?
Can Raven's Pass be beat tomorrow?

Welcome the forum numbersix!
Of those you mentioned I had a good place win on Shabiba - had a good day overall

Originally posted by Headstrong+Apr 16 2008, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Headstrong @ Apr 16 2008, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-numbersix@Apr 16 2008, 12:09 PM

Again I would have to leave the Gosden runner alone in the Alex Scott Maiden purely due to stable form. It might hose up but how can you back a horse from his yard at present?
Oh dear, egg on face!! Don't worry it happens to us all from time to time :D
Who could ever have predicted a four up for Gosden today!?
Can Raven's Pass be beat tomorrow?

Welcome the forum numbersix!
Of those you mentioned I had a good place win on Shabiba - had a good day overall [/b][/quote]
Its funny - Raven's Pass won at silly odds on debut at Yarmouth, and his 20/1 winner may go on to be decent as well. Yes, Raven's Pass looks a banker in the light of today's performance by the yard - however that's when they usually turn you over!!

BTW wasn't Shabiba unplaced? Did you place lay her?

Originally posted by crazyhorse@Apr 16 2008, 02:52 PM
Now thats what I call improvement. Absolutely NO chance on bare form !
No, but she was being so well backed she must have shown a lot at home, and Nick Shiambouros phoning thru from HQ on Betfair radio was telling us what looked ready and likely to have trained on, in the paddock, so it was no surprise when she hosed up.

I think people get a bit febrile this time of year tho - a couple of days ago it was all about Natagora!
But NS said later from Nmkt that the whole place was buzzing about Infallible

PS Yes sorry, Shabiba wasn't placed - I had several nice long odds places come inc today [esp Royals Darling BF paid 4th!] so was mixing them up... It's been a long afternoon!!

2 places for me today, well 3 if we include Otaared.

However it should have been a winner. I'm not one to slate a jockey but Ted Durcan's ride on Crystany was disappointing to say the least.

Roll on tomorrow where hopefully I can give u all a 20/1 winner, well its 20s in my paper.

Chris

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Apr 16 2008, 06:01 PM

However it should have been a winner. I'm not one to slate a jockey but Ted Durcan's ride on Crystany was disappointing to say the least.

Roll on tomorrow where hopefully I can give u all a 20/1 winner, well its 20s in my paper.

Chris
Look forward to the 20/1 winner!!! I need it after today!!

Anyway, I take your point about Durcan in the last but do you think he also could have won on Kandahar Run with a better effort? Not for the first time Joe Fanning rode them all to sleep.

Originally posted by Warbler@Apr 16 2008, 04:39 PM
Me thinkz Gareth's explanation to be the more likely though, (unless of course he uses 7 years in all his analysis of trends) in which case he's being consistent rather than selective
If you want an answer to o the Why 7 question, try Theracingforum. Author of the article is a regular contributor there and i'm sure he'll explain himself

Originally posted by numbersix+Apr 16 2008, 06:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (numbersix @ Apr 16 2008, 06:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrisbeekracing@Apr 16 2008, 06:01 PM

Chris
Look forward to the 20/1 winner!!! I need it after today!!

Anyway, I take your point about Durcan in the last but do you think he also could have won on Kandahar Run with a better effort? Not for the first time Joe Fanning rode them all to sleep. [/b][/quote]
Thought Kandahar looked a tough ride, pulled hard and found little, looked like he shirked the issue to me. He had done enough work not too really need the run, but not a fan of these Rock Of Gibraltar's. Just looked a bit soft for my liking.

Back