Weekend Comp

Going into tomorrows Leopardstown meeting, Frontrunner is keeping up the good form and leads from Maruco (my pep talk worked) by a few pennies, I am in 3rd, Roddy is 4th and everyone else 3 to 6pts behind - so all to play for!

It did indeed Eamon. I needed to get back into the habit of doing some proper form study before March.

I spent a fair amount of time on the Newbury card (Naas too), but watch me fade in the home straight after the pinstickers approach returned for Leopardstown! :blink:

Leopardstown

1.15 Guitar Pete
1.45 Good as Gold
2.15 Vautor
2.45 Don Cossack
3.15 Blacklough
3.50 First Lieutenant
4.20 On the fringe nap
4.50 On your Eoin

Last edited:
Newbury

Calipto
Pateese
Katenko
Module
Smashing (nap)
Mendip Express
Justanothermuddle

Leopardstown to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leopardstown

Plinth
Blazing Sonnet
Vautour
Don Cossack
Baily green
Tidal Bay
Quel Esprit
On Your Eoin

Last edited:
Absurdistan & Grassy both of you have put down a nap for both meetings, fyi there was just the one nap allowed, so to be fair to all I have had to count your nap from yesterday as your Chesney.

I win this week thanks to today's two handicap races Lughnasa & Star of Aragon..... Absurdistan, New Approach & Roddy fill the places;

Top 6 Scores
Jakers +10.92 50pts
Absurdistan -3.39 30pts
NewApproach -4.13 20pts
Roddy -5.33 10pts
Frontrunner -5.7
Maruco -7.64

Scoreboard
Diamond Geezer 187.5 pts
Jakers 170 pts
Absurdistan 145 pts
New Approach 122.5 pts
Viking 101.25 pts
Roddy 96.25 pts
frontrunner 90 pts
Grassy 81.25 pts
Desperate Dan 80 pts
Swedish Chef 50 pts
Colzoss 40pts
JJ 27.5 pts
Anadin 22.5 pts
Tiggers 20 pts
Digger 1.25 pts

Any chance of some early advice on the relevant tracks this week please.? Taking the old woman to the Gambia Friday and would like to have an idea before I go

I am going to let you all choose your own races this weekend, you have 16pts to use up on seven races over Saturday & Sunday - so 1pt each way or 2pts win for each of the seven race (with one NAP counting double pts = 16pts)...

Two rules:

1) This is a National Hunt comp so ONLY NH races
2) Clearly mark the race time, meeting and Saturday or Sunday so I know what races to score.

Frontrunner can you choose and score the following weekend (22nd/23rd)? I am away on a jolly. Thanks.

p.s. As the Neightions comp is on for Cheltenham we will no longer score those days for this comp, instead we will end the comp with all three days of the Aintree national meeting - top four scorers over three days will score 220/150/100/50, you will also get THREE picks in the National & finally anyone with a profit after the three days will get those points added to their final score!

Ascot Sat if any non runners or for Sun please put in favs
1.30 Tagrita
2.05 Ardkilly Witness
2.40 Hawkes Point
3.15 Virak
3.50 Rolling Aces nap
4.20 Irish Cavalier
4.50 Golantilla

Market Rasen Sunday
1.50 Shakalakaboomboom
2.20 Cool Sky
2.50 Changing the Guard
3.20 Renard D`irland
3.55 Pistol Basc
4.30 Jump Up
5.00 Lady of Provence

Jakers do you mean seven races Saturday and seven races Sunday as per Roddy's entry or seven races only but can spread over the two days if we wish ?

Just seven races of your choice at any NH meeting DG, you can choose four on Saturday and three on Sunday or whatever way you want as long as they are NH races and just seven of them (napping one runner only).

Roddy has misunderstood, if he does not get back in time to confirm his seven races then I will use Ascot as his selections. He should be use to this as Phil use to throw this format in from time to time.

I've read it as 7 races only with 2pts on each of 6 selections and 4pts on the nap

Sorry Jakers our posts must have crossed

Last edited:
I've read it as 7 races only with 2pts on each of 6 selections and 4pts on the nap

That is right Viking, 2pts win or 1pt each way per race except for your nap which counts double so 4pts win or 2pts ew, that the 16pts available to everyone this weekend for seven NH races of your choice.

Ascot 2.05 Many Clouds
Ascot 3.50 Captain Chris
Haydock 2.20 Celestial Halo
Haydock 4.05 Oscar Rock
Wincanton 1.55 Tagritta
Wincanton 3.35 Melodic Rendezvouz (NAP)
Gowran 2.25 Turban

Please let me know if your selections are each way or win only - i will assume win only unless stated.

Asc 1.30 cole harden. W
Asc 2.05 gevrey chamberlain. W
Asc 2.40 highland lodge. W. Nap
Asc 3.15 seymour eric Ew
Asc. 3.50 hunt ball. Ew
Hayd 2.55 red rocco. Ew
Winc. 3.05 Xarcet Ew

Last edited:
Ascot 2.05 Gevrey Chambertin win
Haydock 2.20 Celestial Halo win
Ascot 2.40 Teaforthree ew
Haydock 2.55 Our Father win
Wincanton 3.35 Melodic Rendezvous win (NAP)
Ascot 3.50 Medermit ew
Haydock 4.05 Oscar Rock win

Good luck everyone

Ascot 2.05 Many Clouds win
Ascot 2.40 Restless Harry win
Ascot 3.15 Bourne ew (nap)
Ascot 3.50 Cloudy Too ew

Haydock 2.20 Celestial Halo win
Haydock 2.55 Loch BA ew
Haydock 4.05 Oscar Rock win

Last edited: