Weird message

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Today I got a PM with a title that was a series of Wingdings.

When I looked at the message another dialog box came up saying:

Desert Orchid, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did anyone else out there get the same message?

Is there some truly sad soul out there in need of help?

I thought about deleting it but the last time I deleted an offensive message it meant the mods couldn't get on to whoever had posted it in the first place.

We're still not being told how to report offensive/unwanted messages.

The other thing about this latest one is that it is still appearing as a 'notification' at the top of the screen.

Last edited:
Got one yesterday and two today -in fairness you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that deleting them is the way to go.

I’ve had four of them now, all deleted straight away.

As I said before, I reported an unwanted message some time back and was asked to send details but since I had immediately deleted it I was told there was nothing the mods could do. I'm working on the assumption that deleting it doesn't get to the root of the problem.

(That particular message was personal, sectarian and racially abusive so I am 99% certain it came from another forum member. I accept these recent messages look more like some kind of phishing and are probably less worrisome but I would hope the forum 'owners', which it looks like they're now called, would be able to trace and block anyone who sends it if they're reported. Once we're told they're blocked/banned, I'd be happy to delete them.)

Last edited:
I tried deleting mine just now and got a message saying it was an invalid procedure and to contact an administrator.

Today I got a PM with a title that was a series of Wingdings.

When I looked at the message another dialog box came up saying:

Desert Orchid, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did anyone else out there get the same message?

Is there some truly sad soul out there in need of help?

I had 5, I just deleted them all.

Back