Welsh Grand National

Favourite Sizing Tennessee an unlikely runner according to trainer, not recovered from Newbury as well as they expected.

Been a relatively dry winter thus far, would be good for Dingo Dollar if it stayed that way.

16/1 would look a huge price if he ran on good or good -soft, surely?

Last edited:
One word of warning is it's 26 on Betfair and nothing up on the lay side. I'd be a bit worried about with the race only 3 weeks away.

I like Elegant Escape for this. Ran well at Newbury and one would expect him to be better the further he goes. 12s is fair

A quick look at this race last night highlighted Looksnowtlikebrian as potential value at 16/1.

Elegant Escape looks a worthy favourite though

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to Newbury with Ms Parfois without a prep was probably a mistake but I'd fancy her to put in a good showing if she gets her ground. I backed her for this straight after what I thought was a decent run. Looks right up her street.

Otago Trail stood out for me at first glance.

Had it marked down for Hennessy. Ending up running at Newcastle,.ran excellently considering nearly 2 years off the track. May not win, I really like Elegant Escape, but at 20s I'll be having a few quid each way. Sure someone posted it would more likely run somewhere else before coming here and have a chance.

Honeyball twitter account Dec 16

"No not been plain sailing this season, hoping to get back on track with her in Feb mares Listed Chase Exeter then if all goes well step up to something like a Midlands National"

Something was definitely wrong with her at Newbury everything was right for her to put in a big race she was a big drifter late and ran like cack. She's better than that.

Last edited:
20 declared

23tmwqp.jpg

Good luck to Arkwright who has an interest in Jenny's Surprise.

Last edited:
My token bet, (although I may do more if Forest Bihan wins), in the Welsh National is Looksnoutlikebrian. He is both a dodgy jumper and very talented. 14/1 each way ...
why not....this race been good to me in the past.

Back