Welsh National 27th December

• Thread starter Thread starter Marble
  • Start date Start date
M

Marble

Views and news?

Giles Cross caught the eye looks a worthy market leader. Be interesting to see how Chicago Grey runs, and does anyone know who the guy who trains former winner of this race Notre Pere is? Classy animal back in the day if back to form and big price, big IF though.

Last edited:
Synchronised is only 5lb higher than when winning this last season and the race just suits him down to the ground. I think 7s is very fair.

So do I. The only 2 doubts I have are will he go for the Lexus and will he be trying.

Carruthers with Synchronised are my first picks at this moment in time, but a bigger fear is will it take place as the going must be bog like as its rained buckets this last few weeks.................

So do I. The only 2 doubts I have are will he go for the Lexus and will he be trying.

I'm with you two as well. He won this with plenty in hand last year I thought and his prep couldn't have been any better. Provided its soft ground he will carry my money.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/dec/21/the-betting-week-welsh-national-preview

Great spot, and I couldn't agree more. Top price of 11s now, which is potentially worth taking on the chance Synchronised goes to Ireland.

He runs of 10-1, off a mark of 127, when he was rated 148 (a mark off which he came third in this race) a couple of years back, and considering he is only 8, he is far from over the hill, perhaps now the ideal age for a race like this. He has won at the rack a few weeks back, and he stays all day, and the deeper the ground the better. A cracking bet.

Last edited:
Le Beau Bai did that very well. I felt quite confident when I saw where they rode him from - all he does is stay, and from the front he was in a great position to use his best quality.

Great try by Giles to take that, but a very happy Richard Lee with LE BEAU BAI, whose name, he reminded viewers, is pronounced 'bay' and not 'bye' - which means his memento DVD will forever annoy him with resolutely incorrect pronunciation. Super race to watch, disappointing race by CARRUTHERS, who never got near the front, but a really terrific performance by the first two past the post. Well done to those with the winner or the ew placers.

Very difficult to say Le Beau Bay rather than Le Beau Bye [especially after couple of sherries.....]

Back