Welsh National Runners

I don't know but it will have been at least a week or two before they were made public.

Yes, Heltornic has been retired, which shows that they were made a little while ago!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Dec 4 2007, 09:09 PM
I'd say Mr Pointment is a very, very unlikely runner. ..........
Quite so SL and as several bookies weren't quoting him inc PP, I left him alone
All my fancies were mentioned here in terms of 'with a run' obnviously
I love the Welsh National, don't know why - proper chasers' race :D

Whatever you fancy, can I strongly suggest that you include it in a forecast with Miko De Beauchene who will probably finish second.

Thought I'd bump this as it includes some quite prescient analysis. I still maintain that Miko De Beauchene looked booked for second all the way up the straight, so can only apologise to Halcon Genelardais backers who took my advice. :D

A very emotional race... I backed Halcon e/w [at 9/1 iirc] so got a return of sorts, he was just done by top weight, but a very brave run. A truly lovely horse, with great presence

Luckily I took a small piece of 40/1 e/w on Naunton Brook just before the off, on his jockey's confidence, glad I did as that paid for my losing bets! Shame about Dream Alliance, the Hennessy curse strikes again :suspect:

I got chatting one day to Miko's owners on the steppings by the parade ring at Newbury a few years ago - they asked what I thought would win. I said "That one looks a grand type - but he'll be a chaser" and they told me he was theirs'... Very unassuming, decent people with the patience to give the horse all the time he needed to bring out the best in him - he's their only horse I think, and they've had him since he was a 2yr old. They're getting married tomorrow :clap:

Back