What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

On The Bridle

At the Start
I take Bar the Bulls point re the Today's Fancy thread that horses are being put up by posters (especially me) which are there bets and not necessarily their strong fancies - there is a subtle difference. This thread may serve the purpose of highlighting betting and laying angles, doubles, place bets, jackpots, scoop 6 etc.

So with that in mind my bet for Today will be See You Smile EW at 5/1 in the 6:50 5f sprint at Navan. Early price of 5/1 with Boylesports will surely be bettered. This is a very poor race and if you discount her last run (when poorly drawn) she has only Weld'd to beat. All the Maunsels Duke from is over a mile. McAteer has stated that with a bit of cut he couldn't see his horse beaten over 5f off this mark. He will get this tonight.

NB. My form is poison at the moment - If I had ducks they would drown.

I take Bar the Bulls point re the Today's Fancy thread that horses are being put up by posters (especially me) which are there bets and not necessarily their strong fancies - there is a subtle difference. This thread may serve the purpose of highlighting betting and laying angles, doubles, place bets, jackpots, scoop 6 etc.

So with that in mind my bet for Today will be See You Smile EW at 5/1 in the 6:50 5f sprint at Navan. Early price of 5/1 with Boylesports will surely be bettered. This is a very poor race and if you discount her last run (when poorly drawn) she has only Weld'd to beat. All the Maunsels Duke from is over a mile. McAteer has stated that with a bit of cut he couldn't see his horse beaten over 5f off this mark. He will get this tonight.

NB. My form is poison at the moment - If I had ducks they would drown.

On a brutal run myself, confidence is gone. No winner over this weekend could mean skipping Royal Ascot completely:(

Any thoughts on Nial Madden and his ability to disguise a horses ability FTO?

Like the look of his Shake The Bucket in the opener at Wexford - clocked a decent time when winning a Maiden P2P at Dromahane LTO (officially a dead heat but he won by at least a neck) and ran well on debut to be third prior to a dissappointing run in the hot hot hot P2Pers bumper won by Simonsig on Irish National day at Fairyhouse. He looked a potential 115+ horse to me at Dromahane and the favourite looks relatively weak with just the one good run over hurdles (improving but well beaten by Unaccompanied at Punchestown and off the track since) and looks worth taking on with this one at a bigger price - currently 20/1 with Hills.

I fancy the 'over' distances at Sandown today - normally a course I wouldn't play at as it seems to favour low make-up's, but the change in weather and favourable odds today have persuaded me:

over 10.7 at Sandown 9/4 with William Hills. (other bookies betting 13/8 over 11 and the spread is 9.5-10.5)

I fancy the 'over' distances at Sandown today - normally a course I wouldn't play at as it seems to favour low make-up's, but the change in weather and favourable odds today have persuaded me:

over 10.7 at Sandown 9/4 with William Hills. (other bookies betting 13/8 over 11 and the spread is 9.5-10.5)

Raining at Sandown, probably.

Do you use the market to gauge the likelihood of low/high distances?
glancing at betfair, the next 3 races look hot at the front of the market, but the 16:35 & 17:05 have a stand-out market leader ... and the race distances presumably suit? (both 1m2f)

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Nial Madden and his ability to disguise a horses ability FTO?

Like the look of his Shake The Bucket in the opener at Wexford - clocked a decent time when winning a Maiden P2P at Dromahane LTO (officially a dead heat but he won by at least a neck) and ran well on debut to be third prior to a dissappointing run in the hot hot hot P2Pers bumper won by Simonsig on Irish National day at Fairyhouse. He looked a potential 115+ horse to me at Dromahane and the favourite looks relatively weak with just the one good run over hurdles (improving but well beaten by Unaccompanied at Punchestown and off the track since) and looks worth taking on with this one at a bigger price - currently 20/1 with Hills.

Non-Runner :(

Well done Gearoid-I left work at about 5ish to go for
a swim and I am still in the car-place
laid one in the bumper at MR,had a cheeky few quid on Odins Raven at 38 and your one was another back to lay.
Have earned the best part of a weeks wages.

Acclamazing in the 3.15 at York. He's been on my horses to follow list since he won at Newmarket in April. Unfortunately he wont get in the Wokingham but 8/1 is OK today.

Seal Rock never really came under a hard ride there..was steadily getting into it again after appearing to get outpaced a little..then got completely shut out..worth noting next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back