What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, according to British rules, if the unthinkable happens and the Irish stewards were to void the last race at Naas, does that affect winning bets online?

I've had four of five winners at Naas today in a win super heinz. I'm being offered a good amount of money cash out, with the last winner currently showing as a winner as they weighed in.

I just want to know regardless of what the stewards do, will they pay out on a first past the post basis? I'll be gutted if my bookie throws the race out and the winner and I don't get paid.

Last edited:
Ilikedwayurthinking was awful in his first three starts in novice chases, but his mark won't get him in anything in March so presumably today is the day they'll want to win given there's been plenty of money for him 10/1 on opening and now as short as 9/2.

Gavin Cromwell's form is a bit of a worry, but I'm happy to risk him at 6/1 with 365.
Frank clearly been on the blower. Not today lads.

That winner Stromy Judge of Pat Fahy's first time in a handicap chase today.

One for the future.

Ilikedwayurthinkin has been on people's radar since Galway 2019. Why would you keep waiting for him? He might turn up one day but it will need to be a bad race. If everyone is waiting for the day the money comes, there isn't much point. If they had a horse of potential in Galway, he is of the merest interest now to me.

They mentioned it on racing radio so I didn’t actually see it. Got really het up in the stalls.

Red Poppy 7.10W Went off too quickly in a red hot race latest, and was eventually collared by 2 from the back. With her regular pilot back on board, and in first-time pieces fitted, she looks fairly safe to see these off.
11/4 Sky

Ilikedwayurthinkin has been on people's radar since Galway 2019. Why would you keep waiting for him? He might turn up one day but it will need to be a bad race. If everyone is waiting for the day the money comes, there isn't much point. If they had a horse of potential in Galway, he is of the merest interest now to me.

Ruined Cheltenham for me last year this horse.

Opposing Celtic again tomorrow night away to Kilmarnock.

The fight has gone. Players are doing their own thing on the park now, and not doing it well. The manager has lost the dressing room as well as the plot. I genuinely fear for his mental health. How he can see what's going on around and in front of him and not allow himself to be 'mutually consented' has now gone beyond belief.

I can only assume that a successor has been identified but has told the club he won't take over until the end of the season and, rather than get someone to take over in a temporary capacity, they're sticking with Lennon while our season and 10-in-a-row circles the drain.

Kilmarnock don't have their troubles to seek. They've just sacked their manager following a poor run of results and some of the players have tested positive for Covid, so you have to wonder about the tightness of the protocols in place there. In theory, they will probably have to play a weakened side but Celtic won't really test them if recent performances are anything to go by. They might want to impress a potential new manager and will bust a gut knowing how beatable Celtic are right now, plus they will have the advantage of Celtic not usually performing well on artificial pitches anyway.

On balance, a Celtic win is still the most likely outcome but 9/2 the draw looks big to me and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we shipped another three points. Dutching works out about 5/2. The way we're playing, it should be 6/4.

I'll probably back all three matches for draws in a treble.

Forest Bihan is in a national hunt flat race in 3.55.

He can go close I think.

He’d better not beat my Wise Eagle Marb! Although I did dream that he finished last last night. Interesting races these jumpers bumpers. The bumper he was in the other week put Aye Right spot on for that race at the weekend albeit not winning.

Punxsutawney Phil wins on his debut on Groundhog Day. Who could have seen that coming?

Hat tip to Brian Elison for a remarkable entry.
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">[FONT=&quot]VPunxsutawneyPunxsutawney Phil (IRE)[/FONT]</body>

Tawny Port 6.10S has an execellent record on this surface; 311 from just 3 runs, but all over 5f. However, he's won 5 times over 6f and was denied a clear run when a closing 3yd over Newcatle's stiff 7f.
6/1 B365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back