What would you do? Cash out?

he got one

not exactly like he had a lot of time to burn waiting for one either

He blinked too soon -the value of the cash out should be directly related to the betfair exchange price and that's only going one way.Probably sold himself short by40K.

you'd be a hell of a poker player luke

in reality i think anyone criticising what he's done when faced with such an amount is just not being remotely realistic

Obviously after the event, but I would have cashed out, simply because it was enough to buy 2 fairly decent 3 bed houses up here and have enough left over for a new car. Plus, would I put £250k on any horse to win, the answer is no. I know the value wasn't great, but the amount has to be taken into consideration, if it was £250 cashout value and £500 if it won, I would let it run, as £250 wouldn't make that much difference to my life, £250k would.
Having said that, if I was rich enough for £250k to have the same sort of value to me as £250 would today, then I would have probably let it run, but lets be honest, I don't think that would apply to many people.

Last edited:
He won another 140k on Gold Cup apparently on a tricast. Some punting, fair play to the bloke

Back